Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off...this is a great forum guys and girls, keep it up! I have learned a lot here, and I hope to contribute just as much too.

I know there is at least one member here that has a k24a2 swapped into their RSX Type-S's. I just wanted to know if any of you guys have run into problems with the swap. You can never be prepared enough. My plans for the swap:
k24a2 block (using original oil pan, new rings and bearings)
k24a2 head (welded coolant port)
k20a2 intake manifold and t/body
k20a2 tranny
k24a2 water pump (new)
k20a2 steering pump
k20a2 starter
k20a2 alternator
k20a2 a/c compressor
k24a2 accessory belt (new)

I don't plan on using / or unsure of:
injectors - k20a2 or k24a2?
k20a2 oil pump cooler - does this go with the k20a2/k24a2 water passage and idler pulley?
exhaust manifold - k24a2 or k20a2?

I am currently using K-pro and am familiar with potential hood clearance problem and manifold spacer problem.

I just want a k24a2 using the k20a2 accessories with or w/out the oil cooler.

All suggestions or criticism welcomed. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
any RSX header should work...

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
There is an issue with the header. Only stock headers work or aftermarket headers need to be slightly modified

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
be careful welding the coolant port as civictype-s had a problem w/ that. a piece of metal was floating inside this engine & did some pretty good damage... if you can hold off as niko's had posted info about the tsx engine. hasport has an adapter piece that blocks that port however, i called yesterday to confirm when they would have it and it was unknow as well as the price... they said in a few months....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In a few months would be too long for me...thinking about next week (I hope). Pics of the welded port and also head gaskets from k24 accord and tsx. Guess which one is the TSX. Labour? Maybe a couple cases of beer (after the swap).

·
Registered
959 Posts
buis02 said:
be careful welding the coolant port as civictype-s had a problem w/ that. a piece of metal was floating inside this engine & did some pretty good damage... if you can hold off as niko's had posted info about the tsx engine. hasport has an adapter piece that blocks that port however, i called yesterday to confirm when they would have it and it was unknow as well as the price... they said in a few months....
My friend is swapping a k24a2 into his EK... he acutally got a coolant port tapped... and ran a 5/8" (i think) hose with an elbow in the tapped hole... he got it done for like $50 at a local machine shop... he is goldywang... pm him... you should do this instead of a weld... his looks really nice... and we just ran the hose behind the fuel rail under the intake mani to the coolant...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
hehe thanx rsx_import_ricer, yeah i actually talk to john lol... i'm just gonna wait it out for the hasport adapter piece since i'm slowly piecing my motor together...

·
Registered
959 Posts
John's a butt wagon... hehe... but he helped me lose my riceyness... and he helps me isntall stuff and helps me a lot... I think we're going to drink and put his motor in all weekend

he got his kpro today... and now he just needs a charging harness and intermediate shaft... so Im helping him look for one

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
thats kewl. yeah i'm still looking for a lot of the parts. its gonna be another 3 months before i get the cash to put everything in lol...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts