Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap my beat k20a3 out for a K24a2 tsx motor. Obviously I know I need the motor. What else exactly would I need to do this swap? Can I use my stock Ep3 engine harness and a stock tsx ecu? Im keeping my 5 speed trans as I have plans to boost it later down the road. If anyone knows a link to a walk through of this swap please let me have it lol. Im stumped. Im new to K series but not hondas in general.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i think there's a guide on this but you don't need really anything just the motor and the crv side mount everything else swap's over make sure you don't break any sensors while pulling the motor out you have to change some of those too and tsx ecu wont work you have to kpro!! no joke i got the same setup you plan on doing in yours trust me you'll like it but thats about it

·
Registered
134 Posts
I want to swap my beat k20a3 out for a K24a2 tsx motor. Obviously I know I need the motor. What else exactly would I need to do this swap? Can I use my stock Ep3 engine harness and a stock tsx ecu? Im keeping my 5 speed trans as I have plans to boost it later down the road. If anyone knows a link to a walk through of this swap please let me have it lol. Im stumped. Im new to K series but not hondas in general.
K-pro to start. Avoid any hassle trying other ecu's with harnesses

Ep3 harness will work

Swap out crank sensor and knock sensor with the Ep3 ones. (Crank sensor will not read properly, knock sensor will not fit in Ep3 connector on harness)

What intake? Ep3 intake and coolant port with idle assist come as a 2 piece set-up, the K24a2 TSX intake has both as a 1 piece and modding the Ep3 set-up to work, well, it doesn't. RBC mani will bolt right up. Hasport also makes an adapter plate incorporating the coolant port (this is what I used for my Ep3 spec JRSC manifold)

Pass side timing chain cover engine mount. You will need a CR-V mount from Honda(don't know the part number) P2R also makes an aluminum mount for this swap (looks nice, good price)

Another concern is the exhaust. The K24a2 sits 19mm higher inside the car, which means your exhaust (converter to mani) will be a much tighter, much higher fit. 2 common problems: Having to run the smaller Em2 sway bar, or no sway bar at all (it's not bad to run no sway bar, I never had an issue) Also depending on the size of your exhaust and what engine mounts you plan to use, your mid pipe may smack the passenger side floor every time you accelerate (it's noisy, annoying, and your passenger will hate you) Innovative 75a mounts solved this for me with a 70mm exhaust.

This should help you get started!

·
Registered
361 Posts
^ this is on point- the only sensor i swapped was the crank sensor- everything else fit no issue. Kpro your stock ECU- use your stock harness- and the 5 speed bolts right up. you will have to cut that plastic protective cover for your harness to get enough wire length to connect all the connectors but thats no issue. RBC bolts right up no mods needed. the hasport adapter works well if you want to run the PRB as well. its a good time to pick up some new mounts as well- any will work i guess (im still running stock mounts with EESM inserts and a torque damper since my mounts were in good shape- no motor movement). your better off picking up a race header now- it will help you get the most out of your swap- there are a couple that fit without having to remove your sway or getting a EM one.

·
Registered
134 Posts
^ this is on point- the only sensor i swapped was the crank sensor- everything else fit no issue. Kpro your stock ECU- use your stock harness- and the 5 speed bolts right up. you will have to cut that plastic protective cover for your harness to get enough wire length to connect all the connectors but thats no issue. RBC bolts right up no mods needed. the hasport adapter works well if you want to run the PRB as well. its a good time to pick up some new mounts as well- any will work i guess (im still running stock mounts with EESM inserts and a torque damper since my mounts were in good shape- no motor movement). your better off picking up a race header now- it will help you get the most out of your swap- there are a couple that fit without having to remove your sway or getting a EM one.
I went with a type s race header. Still never put my sway bar back in but it looked like a solid fit if I had done so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I added TSX/Civic 6th gear and a LSD (2006+civic si) to my EP3 trans when I did my engine swap... of course neither is necessary, but I am really glad I did both of these things when I did the swap. The added 6th gear is great on the highway. Just something to think about... good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
ep3 with k24a2 engine.side mount from crv ,k-pro, knock sensor from ep3 if u gona use stock 5 speed u can keep stock harness if u gonna put 6 seed a2 harness all depends on u pocket lol,put a2 cam and a2 oil pump so u can go 8800 rpm and rrc or rbc mani 70mm tb n lsd n u dont need boost
all motor all the way

·
Registered
138 Posts
ep3 with k24a2 engine.side mount from crv ,k-pro, knock sensor from ep3 if u gona use stock 5 speed u can keep stock harness if u gonna put 6 seed a2 harness all depends on u pocket lol,put a2 cam and a2 oil pump so u can go 8800 rpm and rrc or rbc mani 70mm tb n lsd n u dont need boost
all motor all the way
Boost just makes it 10X better. Get some...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yeah this info helps a lot.now why people ewap trans in a ep3 from rsx or 06+ civic,?if the can use lsd and gears from both car.longer gear ratio and final drive maybe? Ep3 is 4.7 final drive right?
uhm.. cuz its alot more simple than all the work it takes to make the stock trans into a six speed... i did my trans A2 with an FA5 LSD and 6th gear(same as TSX)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i think there's a guide on this but you don't need really anything just the motor and the crv side mount everything else swap's over make sure you don't break any sensors while pulling the motor out you have to change some of those too and tsx ecu wont work you have to kpro!! no joke i got the same setup you plan on doing in yours trust me you'll like it but thats about it
hi thier everyone i got a few questions to any one that might give me some advise, i got a 05 civic ep3 with a k20a3 6 speed my block messed witch broke a piston and a cylinder,so i was thinking of just buying a k24a4 off a 03 accord my question is will the sensors or harnesss work for the k24a4 of my k20a3?or what do i need to make it function properly thanks everyone any suggestions would be greatfull..sorry new to the honda motors.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts