Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the stock numbers for a K24A2(whp&tq)????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
hotwheelz's dyno is the shit...lol..my k24a2 is going in this summer

i cant wait to get to work on it.


BTW..i have some k24a2s avail, check out the siggie :up:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
Quote from Hybrid's website

K24a2- The Acura TSX comes in with 10.5:1 compression and 2.4 liters of displacement. The motor is rated at 200hp at 6800rpm and 166lbs-ft at 4500rpm. This motor uses the conventional VTEC mechanism as the older B series motors but with the addition of VTC. This motor uses a drive by wire throttle and has EGR castings on the manifold. This motor comes with a 6 speed transmission and no LSD.

:cool:

can't wait to get mine in...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
I had to bring this back to life because of this months sport compact article. They are doing a TSX buildup with some bolt ons to compete with an M3. I saw they have Skunk2 working on the car. Well, the thing that got me, was they put on their header, prototype intake, and ran the car on Kpro and are only seeing 186whp and about 155wtq...and these dudes are ecstatic!! Skunk2 no doubt has the know how, so what the hell is the deal here? I immediately reflected back to seeing the dyno above and seeing a whole different party...still claiming being equipped with I/H/E and Kpro. That's a pretty phenominal difference, so my question is, what is the real story on the TSX motor used in the dyno above? Was that thing equipped with an open equal length race style header, or was is a streetable combination?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RC000E said:
I had to bring this back to life because of this months sport compact article. They are doing a TSX buildup with some bolt ons to compete with an M3. I saw they have Skunk2 working on the car. Well, the thing that got me, was they put on their header, prototype intake, and ran the car on Kpro and are only seeing 186whp and about 155wtq...and these dudes are ecstatic!! Skunk2 no doubt has the know how, so what the hell is the deal here? I immediately reflected back to seeing the dyno above and seeing a whole different party...still claiming being equipped with I/H/E and Kpro. That's a pretty phenominal difference, so my question is, what is the real story on the TSX motor used in the dyno above? Was that thing equipped with an open equal length race style header, or was is a streetable combination?
GOOD QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
11248c said:
GOOD QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didnt that issue talk about a CRV Bottom end and k20a2 head. This is VERY different from a TSX motorl The TSX motor has the following advantages

- balanced crank
- better oil system
- higher compression pistons

The difference in compression helps account for the difference in power. Also since the TSX has a balanced crank, it can rev significantly higher than the CRV bottom end, thus allowing for more power to be made.

IMO ...TSX motor > ALL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
Papi, what we are referring to was this months sport compact which is modifying an actual TSX, not a K24 bottom with a head, this is an actual Acura TSX. The dyno on the first page shows a TSX engine with basic bolt ons and Kpro pushing WAY bigger numbers than the TSX in the mag. I would chalk it up to inadequate tuning, but damn it was Skunk2 who tuned it....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
PapiTuyo326 said:
Didnt that issue talk about a CRV Bottom end and k20a2 head. This is VERY different from a TSX motorl The TSX motor has the following advantages

- balanced crank
- better oil system
- higher compression pistons

The difference in compression helps account for the difference in power. Also since the TSX has a balanced crank, it can rev significantly higher than the CRV bottom end, thus allowing for more power to be made.

IMO ...TSX motor > ALL
what is better about the oil system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
RC000E said:
Papi, what we are referring to was this months sport compact which is modifying an actual TSX, not a K24 bottom with a head, this is an actual Acura TSX. The dyno on the first page shows a TSX engine with basic bolt ons and Kpro pushing WAY bigger numbers than the TSX in the mag. I would chalk it up to inadequate tuning, but damn it was Skunk2 who tuned it....
Hmm, they always seem to dyno somewhat low. I wonder what dyno machine they use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
I sure wish I could get someone to respond to this post so this becomes and understandable situation. I was really after the K24A2, but if this is the most stock potential that the K24 has (Sport Compact Article), then I am certainly going K20.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top