Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to search for an answer in the forums but did not find an answer so im hoping one of you can help me out. It would be much appreciated.

I bought k20a3 with 5 speed trans at first to swap into my 93 del sol
i accumulated parts that was shown required in a end all thread for kswap
what i have so far would be as followed

02-04 rsx type s engine harness
02 ep3 charge harness
prb kpro
crv mount bracket
hasport egk mounts ( i have both 5spd and tsx 6speed trans mounts) ill explain momentarily
hybrid racing conversion harness
etc i have everything mainly for the swap

I had the rsx wiring harness mated to the k20a3 with the 5speed complete and i know that i have to cut a pigtail to mate the type s harness to the ep3 charge harness. I then came across a k24a2 with a 6speed out of a 2008 TSX and i would like to put that in the del sol because i plan to boost later down the road and i want to put the 6speed in for now.

My issue is that the rsx wiring harness does not want to mate to the throttle body and to the transmission. Is there something im doing wrong or do i need to switch some things on the k24 engine to make it work?

·
Registered
51 Posts
A K24a2 Del Sol owner here...

You’ll have to use a drive by cable TB, OEM or aftermarket, in order to use that harness on that motor. The 08 K24a2 uses a drive by wire TB.

As for the transmission, the 08 TSX uses a different style speed sensor that mounts in the front of the transmission rather than the back. So the wiring would need to be extended, a slight modification to the plug itself and shifting the 3 VSS wires within the plug. I actually run the 06 Type S transmission with the VSS in the front as well. Had to make those changes for mine.

If I remember correctly, the crank sensor (by the crank pulley) and the knock sensor (by the starter) on the K24a2 have different plugs than the 02-04 type S harness as well. I just decided to change both sensors to the RSX ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just picked up a 2004 accord cable throttle body today and the plugs mate up and it should fit based off what i found. i really dont want to cut into my harness if i dont have to so i might try to make it work or find a alternate route for a speedometer reading i have a k20 i can get the knock and crank sensor.
so you think i can repin the the plug itself for the vss?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can repin the plug, but the wires aren’t long enough to reach the VSS being that it’s mounted to the front, and in order to get the plug to attach to the sensor there is a part of the sensor you have to shave down a bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts