Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ok guys I got a new problem. 17-1 P0500 vss malfunction. At first I got that code an the speedo wasn’t working. So I got a new speed sensor that on the back of the tranny. Speedo works now but the code comes up after like 2 miles up the road of driving an stays on. But when I turn the key off it goes away. I has hondata so maybe it a setting an I have the kpro set for the ep3 tranny. Anyone have the same problem or any ideals what might be going on

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,852 Posts
Ok guys I got a new problem. 17-1 P0500 vss malfunction. At first I got that code an the speedo wasn’t working. So I got a new speed sensor that on the back of the tranny. Speedo works now but the code comes up after like 2 miles up the road of driving an stays on. But when I turn the key off it goes away. I has hondata so maybe it a setting an I have the kpro set for the ep3 tranny. Anyone have the same problem or any ideals what might be going on
If the speed sensor is ok and the correct one and the speedo meter doesn't show up any output I would assume the speedo harness to be damaged. Please check the complete speedo wiring first.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The speedo works fine I can see the MPH on the gauge cluster. The sensor is new an I’m still getting a 17-1 P0500 vss malfunction

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just thought about it I pulled me cruise control unit out the harness for that not even plugged in any more could that be the reason? I see the speed an the ecu many not.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Make sure you have the correct VSS setting in Kpro. I just had this same thing happen when I first started mine a few days ago. I used the TSX base cal and it defaulted to the countershaft driven speed sensor option.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ok nice that’s got to be the problem. I’m running a rsx tune. An I’m running it in a ep3 I didn’t change that in the settings.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ok hoping this it the last problem. I got the everything working right. But now I have to get the car inspected an the obd2 port not working. They are getting power from the plug so it’s not a fuse and I checked it. They can not link to the ecu. Is there an pin out sheet I can look at an test the pins?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Ok getting somewhere. But it makes no sense to me. I have kpro I’ll just say. But if I have on running position without the engine running I can scan for codes. But as soon as I start the engine an it’s running the scan tool tells me unable to establish a link with the vehicle. Verify the connection at the dlc. Verify ignition is on. I don’t get it is there a setting in kpro I’m not seeing. It only can read when the car is running.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here's the troubleshooting for the DLC, it's out of the '02-'03 service manual. I tried searching for this issue online and didn't find much, you may have to contact Hondata for help. As far as I know there is no setting for this in Kpro.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
When you had Kpro installed did you supply the ECU or buy a new one from Hondata? Kpro shouldn't mess with the DLC so if you supplied the ECU they may tell you you're out of luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yeah I sent a whole new ecu in with the old one that’s causing me the problem. to swap the kpro into the new one plus I wanted to do the upgrade to the kpro4 I had a kpro3

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I had my old kpro for like 5 years it was a PNF. I sent a RBC to swap everything over. Is there any other computer that work with the DLC? Or is a DLC another computer?

·
Registered
225 Posts
As far as I know they DLC should work with all of them. I have a PRB ECU (RSX Type S) and Kpro V4, I have not tried the DLC yet but I will when I get home.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts