Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I'm putting a K24 in my old 1985 Toyota Pickup. Just for fun. Well it started out fun. This is an extreme budget build so there isn't anything too fancy (3-4k$). I just use the truck to carry wood or go to home depot. There aren't any fun places to drive in mid Michigan. It is a good learning experience also.

Stock K24A2
McGregor Motorsport Bell Housing
Stock 2WD Toyota "Pickup" (actually it has subaru WRX front seats)
S2000 header modified
Ktuner 2005 RSX ECU
Walbro 255 in tank
VW 4 bar pressure regulator/filter
That's about it

I plan to post some more pics later and go over some of the problems and so on.

Please enjoy

here is a shot of the S2000 header

What transmission you planning on getting??
Planning on foing the same on my 95.5 taco

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I'm putting a K24 in my old 1985 Toyota Pickup. Just for fun. Well it started out fun. This is an extreme budget build so there isn't anything too fancy (3-4k$). I just use the truck to carry wood or go to home depot. There aren't any fun places to drive in mid Michigan. It is a good learning experience also.

Stock K24A2
S2000 header modified
Ktuner 2005 RSX ECU
Walbro 255 in tank
That's about it

Please enjoy

What motor mounts did you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well sadly I sold this truck to another fellow a couple years ago. Got 2 kids and moved and so on--not enough time to develop this bad boy. Is it still the only K24 toyota pickup?
If I recall correctly the clutch and flywheel were TSX (exedy HD). Also TSX slave and conveniently the stock pickup clutch master worked with this slave (must have been similar displacement).
The mounts were custom. I fabricated one side with steel plate and tube. The other side used a modified CRV mount I believe. Sorry I dont have pictures of that.
I also failed to mention you need a custom driveshaft--I did anyway. For testing purposes I (very carefully) welded an extension to the stock driveshaft. By some miracle it was balanced and survived all my full throttle jabs. Not something I would recommend though.

Well now that I live out in the country with a 30x40ft pole barn (soon to have a 2 post lift) we'll have to see what honda powered contraption we can come op with next. Any ideas?

you can definitely do this setup I just need to know what set up you used to make the back wheels spin , you can use a driveshaft from the kswap crv I believe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Stock K24A2
S2000 header modified
Ktuner 2005 RSX ECU
Walbro 255 in tank
That's about it

Please enjoy

Hey I know you got rid of your truck a long time
I’m doing the same swap on a 1989 I just have a few questions if you remember did the Oil pan cleared the steering rack

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,149 Posts
I’m doing the same swap on a 1989 I just have a few questions if you remember did the Oil pan cleared the steering rack
Welcome here to K20a.org. I hope member @poopoop will answer, he wasn't here since Oct. 2020. I can address you with your question to all RWD swappers: Miata, Supra, BMW, Honda S2000, ...there are a lot of aftermarket solutions available for the oil pan. E.g. in the Miata scene, there is a company selling clearance free oil pans.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I'm putting a K24 in my old 1985 Toyota Pickup. Just for fun. Well it started out fun. This is an extreme budget build so there isn't anything too fancy (3-4k$). I just use the truck to carry wood or go to home depot. There aren't any fun places to drive in mid Mic
Hi

Stock K24A2
S2000 header modified
Ktuner 2005 RSX ECU
Walbro 255 in tank
That's about it

Please enjoy

higan. It is a good learning experience also.

Stock K24A2
S2000 header modified
Ktuner 2005 RSX ECU
Walbro 255 in tank
That's about it

Please enjoy

can you send a link for the adapter plate engine to tranny

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey iam looking to swap a k series also in my toyota pickup if you have any information to help pls let me know i need adapter plate to an r150f tranny, flywheel and engine mounts and maby also wiering harness. thanks

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,149 Posts
can you send a link for the adapter plate engine to tranny
Member @poopoop wasn't here for 2 years, maybe it need some time or would not happen. I may could send him an Email, if you start a thread about your built ;).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts