Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tell me what your opinion is. im debating on getting a accord k24 and turbocharge it or should i just get a tsx k24 all motor? i love the turbo but dont want to spend the time and extra money ripping out the guts of a k24a2 just to turbo it. thats why i was thinking about getting the accord k24 and turbocharging that. i need some feed back on what would be a better choice or your experience on either choices. :eek: thanks

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
It's a very broad question. What kind of power do you want to make? That plays a big factor in it. If I was to go turbo, it would be with the k20 head and k24 accord block. So think about what you are wanting to do. Also what car will this be going in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its going in my 97 gsr. I guess im lookin for something strong on the tracks but also something I can drive daily in the summer. I've thought of the k20/k24 but that's pretty much rebuilding a new motor and finding k20/k24 heads aren't that cheap and easy. thanks for the post

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
you shouldnt have to "rip the guts" out of the k24a2 to turbo it. Stock k20's push 400+whp and the k24a2 has stronger internals then they do . So unless you want 500+ whp then no matter what engine your getting your going to have to pull the guts anyways.

But like everyone else stated it depends on what you want.

I would think if your going to do an all motor build go with the k24/k20 setup because its cheaper then buying a k24a2 and building it. If your going the turbo route i would go with the k24a2 unless you plan to push more than 500 whp, then go with the k24/k20 because i would be cheaper to build.

·
Registered
495 Posts
you shouldnt have to "rip the guts" out of the k24a2 to turbo it. Stock k20's push 400+whp and the k24a2 has stronger internals then they do . So unless you want 500+ whp then no matter what engine your getting your going to have to pull the guts anyways
Could you rephrase that again please. It sounds contradictory. You mean, 'IF you want to proceed PAST 500+,,, you would THEN need to build internals. Right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive been under the impression the k24a1 was better for a turbo and you keep the tranny from the ep3 because with the turbo you do not need to rev as far.
the k24a2 hhas a higher compression but the head flows better same as if you did a k20/k24 frank. If you go to ephatch.com there are plenty of people who have done both turbo none turbo with both motors and headswaps i ordered the k24a1 from popityuo motor is clean he also has k24a2 good luck it took me awhile to decide!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.