Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what up I have a stock k24a (so 04-05 tsx) with an rbb head and Intake manifold.
I really want to lay down 200馃Χ#锔忊儯 at the wheels. I haven't been to the dyno yet but my only supporting mods right now are:
64mm port matched rbb IM (rsx type s tb)
PLM RB header to 3inch straight piped
Kpro
I also have a extra prb manifold that I wouldn't mind converting to, but my question basically is: What supporting mods does one need to get 200ftlb of torque to the wheels from their K24A(2) I'm talking bolt-ons and light engine mods. Injectors, 50掳 vtc, prb IM, rbc IM, type s oil pumps. I don't want to swap cams yet and don't need to rev high so swapping the oil pump is low on the list but let me know what you guys think I need

for those with gearing knowledge I have a 4.3 Final drive馃憥馃憥馃憥 is this just not going to happen with a 4.3? I really want an si trans or maybe throw a 5.0FD lsd and tsx 6th in my 馃挬 rsx 5 speed
GOAL: 200FTLBS @ WHEELS

Registered
Final drive has nothing to do with achieving 200ftlbs of torque. As long as your dyno has your total gear reduction programmed correctly the gears are irrelevant.

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
64mm port matched rbb IM (rsx type s tb)
Without calculated it, I would say this won't happen with your setup. The volumetric efficiency for 200 wftlb need to be over 120 %. Your alternation of load setup must match the scavenging properties perfectly to achieve this. The intake is a bit to restrictive (plenum especially) and too short for that. My suggestion do a search on that and check out if any of the RRB heads made this happen.

Registered
96 civic HX K24a
Without calculated it, I would say this won't happen with your setup. The volumetric efficiency for 200 wftlb need to be over 120 %. Your alternation of load setup must match the scavenging properties perfectly to achieve this. The intake is a bit to restrictive (plenum especially) and too short for that. My suggestion do a search on that and check out if any of the RRB heads made this happen.
I believe childstar achieved 267whp/200ft lbs with the 12.5:1 pistons , 4piston cams and still using the rbb head

Registered
96 civic HX K24a
I would start with the 50 vtc , type s oil pump and get an rbc. Then you would need to have a 3鈥 (or 3.5鈥) intake and 3鈥 exhaust. Likely rdx injectors as well. My stock injectors hit 100% duty cycle @6600rpm on my k24a. (3鈥 intake , rbc , 70mm tb , rcrew header , 3鈥 exhaust, 25 vtc ,balance shaft oil pump )

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any body have thoughts or experiences with PRB Intake manifolds on their k24a(2) ?? Converting the coolant bypass doesn't concern me but I like the idea because it seems like the PRB does better for midrange torque but doesn't lose too much top end when compared to the RBC . What do you guys think. I haven't heard of anyone putting 200 down on a PRB but it's also less popular cause it isn't direct bolt on.

Registered
96 civic HX K24a
Any body have thoughts or experiences with PRB Intake manifolds on their k24a(2) ?? Converting the coolant bypass doesn't concern me but I like the idea because it seems like the PRB does better for midrange torque but doesn't lose too much top end when compared to the RBC . What do you guys think. I haven't heard of anyone putting 200 down on a PRB but it's also less popular cause it isn't direct bolt on.
Your motor would have to be built up quite a lot to do 200 ft lbs with a type s manifold. 12.5:1 comp and big cams probably still wouldn鈥檛 do it.

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
I'm talking bolt-ons and light engine mods. Injectors, 50掳 vtc, prb IM, rbc IM, type s oil pumps. I don't want to swap cams yet
I believe childstar achieved 267whp/200ft lbs with the 12.5:1 pistons , 4piston cams and still using the rbb head
If those two approaches compare like a match, I would say 200 ftlb are possible. But actually those two don't match, the biggest difference: CR -2.5 points, about 15掳 less valve opening and -1 mm bore size. This makes the difference. The +1 mm makes about 6 wftlb's difference alone. At all we talk about, so my first hand thumb assumption, 15 wftlb's difference to an 10:1 CR and stock cams with stock bore size.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
K24A does have 10.5:1 like the k24a2, but based on what you guys are saying I'll seems like I'll basically need the 50掳 vtc, 70(+)mm ported rbc, 3inch Intake/exhaust w a nice header and hope for the best. I'm assuming the balance shaft delete will only be necessary if I plan to rev past stock limits
06-08 tsx Intake cam seem like an easy upgrade as well sinse you'll already be in there taking the vtc off.
Thoughts?

Registered
96 civic HX K24a
K24A does have 10.5:1 like the k24a2, but based on what you guys are saying I'll seems like I'll basically need the 50掳 vtc, 70(+)mm ported rbc, 3inch Intake/exhaust w a nice header and hope for the best. I'm assuming the balance shaft delete will only be necessary if I plan to rev past stock limits
06-08 tsx Intake cam seem like an easy upgrade as well sinse you'll already be in there taking the vtc off.
Thoughts?
You got it, although I think it鈥檚 been argued the loss in weight by switching to the PRB oil pump is good for a few hp/tq but I think of it more as a higher rpm capability modification.

Premium Member
I was not sure about the boost pressure level. That being said, that low of a psi in a roots blower will be well within the efficiency range and not raise IAT's too much. Heck you could do that with even 91 octane possibly.

2002 DC5 Type S
Getting caught up on dyno numbers is misleading. They all read differently and are set up differently. My buddy's Dynapack 3000 hurts feelings and reads less than Dynojets. Full bolt on K20a2's with Kpro have a hard time making the 200HP club.

All of us have seen "mild build" K24's getting close to 200wtq with the right bolt-ons and tune.

2002 DC5 Type S
I was not sure about the boost pressure level. That being said, that low of a psi in a roots blower will be well within the efficiency range and not raise IAT's too much. Heck you could do that with even 91 octane possibly.
You are right. I had a bone stock 04-05 K24a2 with a 6psi JRSC with decent bolt-ons and it was pulling over 200wtq on a dynojet on 93 octane.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts