Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the K24a tsx 6 spd swap. Who has done a swap with THIS engine. K24a. I can't find much info at all. I'm stuck on my accessory belt. I was gna grab an ep3 idler pulley and use the 52" serpentine belt. That's what I'd read works. While looking for the oem pulley I noticed ktuned adjustable ep3 idler pulley kit w/ belt for ALL k24 engines (supposedly). Ordered that and

The ktuned pulley doesn't line up with the rest of the pulleys. ktuned said I have an odd engine and sounded surprised when I told them it was a jdm engine. So I need to figure out solution for the accessory pulley. Do I just get an oem ep3 pulley and if so do I get a US or JDM ? Or does anyone know of a kit that someone makes tailored to k24a? Or even know of anyone who has the K24a tsx 6 spd?

·
Registered
219 Posts
It looks like it lines up the same as the other motors.
I also have the ktuned ep3 pulley but with a/c. i took a string to measure what size belt i needed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

So I fixed the issue. And they may appear to line up but they def dont. And yea I thought about a spacer but if I did that the pulley would have hit my motor mount. So the solution was to switch my JDM water passage, water pump, auto tensioner for the USDM versions. I did that and it worked as shown in the image. Only problem after that was my JDM alternator isn't compatible with the new USDM parts. The JDM alternator bolts run sideways. The USDM alternator bolts straight, directly into the water passage. So now I'm gna need to get a USDM alternator and my accessory belt issue will be officially solved. Thank you guys for the help and suggestions!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same issues. When you purchased the usdm water outlet did you use the tsx tensioner? This is all in hung up on and look looking to finish .

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just purchased k24a from a buddy and will be running it in a 06 si was wondering if that wp housing from k20a2 would work simce how i have one laying around

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased k24a from a buddy and will be running it in a 06 si was wondering if that wp housing from k20a2 would work simce how i have one laying around
I used the wp housing off my k20a3 with all the pulleys and it worked just fine. I believe the k20a2 has an oil cooler on it but not 100%if its just the type s that has the cooler. On my k24a the wp housing was different as well due to it being jdm not usdm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes i have a k20a2 wp housing and it has a coolent line off running to rear of engine. Not sure if i can route it and mount a z3 or a2 cooler on motor or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should be able to do that i was going to do it to my k24 set up but didn't want to buy the housing,cooler,etc at the moment I may do it at a later time. I found a lot of info on YouTube about it that explains what you need.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should be able to do that i was going to do it to my k24 set up but didn't want to buy the housing,cooler,etc at the moment I may do it at a later time. I found a lot of info on YouTube about it that explains what you need.
Understandable! I had an a2 block laying around but it worked ill upload pics when motor is assembled!

·
Registered
7 Posts
In case anyone else is having this issue and wants to see what spacers look like. I can't speak to this interfering with motor mounts, as this engine isn't going into a Honda.

My only concern is there being too much pressure on the extended section, causing it to bend/sag.

Also note: the holes in the bracket don't exactly line up with the holds in the wp, and need go be drilled out slightly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Definitely could be causing tension where the washers are but if the bolt was almost same diameter as the washers would cause less flex but besides that how much tension does the tensioner cause to actually effect the washers/ pulley? Run it i would

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oil cooler wont work due to the oil filter housing is male not female. Not to sure if you can remove the threads from block and use the female setup.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The nipple off the wp housing of the k20a2 would need to be cutoff and plate welded to run the wp unless a z3 wp will fit in the a2 housing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts