Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening I am completely new to any forum, I recently purchased an 8th Gen civic si about 2 months ago. Yesterday while changing my engine oil out of curiosity I look to look for k20z3 stamp, unbeknownst to me engine was stamped K24A
I repeatedly look at all forums engine almost checks out to be from a tsx if I am not mistaken except for my cams did not match up with some of the pictures I found of tsx cams, my head seems to be RBB and my block RBB(<-this was wrong my block says RAA ; edit) Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,121 Posts
I really hope so I feel like I may have been robbed lol, only thing making me feel on the good side is the fact that there is 3 Lobe cams
There are only 2 kinds of the 04-08 k24 engines. The tsx spec (3 lobe vtec 200 hp) or the crv/accord/element spec (only intake side has vtec 160hp). Rbb is the cylinder head code for k24a2.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,121 Posts
Super big shout out for taking the time to take pictures of your cams appreciate it big time this is just that much more reassuring!! Thank you everyone I am honestly very surprised with how quick everyone was to help out!
I had that picture back in my photos from when I was swapping the valve covers. It’s no problem I’m glad you got it sorted out. 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Correction!!! Not sure it will make a difference but I’m sure it does, I just admit the post my block is not RBB, It says RAA ! Help! Again! Plz lol
Someone told me RAA block comes from accord long block? God I hope he’s wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts