Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K24a tuned on kpro with the stock rbb 25* cam gear. Once I swap to the rbc 50* cam gear I should be able to safely run the car right? IE drive to the tuner

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,069 Posts
K24a tuned on kpro with the stock rbb 25* cam gear. Once I swap to the rbc 50* cam gear I should be able to safely run the car right? IE drive to the tuner
There is a routine the ECU is doing after start, running the VTC gear to max advance for some 1/100 of a second. Depending on cams and which K24A... you have, it is not safe. For the K24A2 stock longblock 45° would be safe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a routine the ECU is doing after start, running the VTC gear to max advance for some 1/100 of a second. Depending on cams and which K24A... you have, it is not safe. For the K24A2 stock longblock 45° would be safe.
I have the jdm k24a. All stock motor. Stock 3 lobe cams. Rbb-2 head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Typically the ECU sweep is on the low cam under no or low load, correct? It'll never check itself on the high cam at 0 vacuum for instance. My setup is '04 K24a2, stock internals, bolt ons, 50* VTC. I don't foresee a problem.

There is a provision in Kpro to limit the degree of VTC. I plan to run a 50* and limit it to 40* in Kpro. There are pins you can place inside the gear to mechanically limit it for extra insurance.

Mak

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,069 Posts
Typically the ECU sweep is on the low cam under no or low load, correct? It'll never check itself on the high cam at 0 vacuum for instance. My setup is '04 K24a2, stock internals, bolt ons, 50* VTC. I don't foresee a problem.
Low load, normally idle operation.

There is a provision in Kpro to limit the degree of VTC. I plan to run a 50* and limit it to 40* in Kpro. There are pins you can place inside the gear to mechanically limit it for extra insurance.
Yes, you can limit it with 1 or better 2 pins (rotating inertia getting at 8500 out of 2 grams something in kilo grams).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts