Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
drhonda said:
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but the weight differences between the two are marginal K24 is like 3 inches taller. Weight wise i don't believe its a big deal. maybe 5-15lbs. if that.
the motor is 19.7mm taller, for those who are metrically impaired that is under one inch

the motor is said to be AT MOST 15lbs heavier then the K20, which i dont even see being possible

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
tinkerbell said:
NickZED20 said:
drhonda said:
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but the weight differences between the two are marginal K24 is like 3 inches taller. Weight wise i don't believe its a big deal. maybe 5-15lbs. if that.
the motor is 19.7mm taller, for those who are metrically impaired that is under one inch

the motor is said to be AT MOST 15lbs heavier then the K20, which i dont even see being possible
does it even have as much hardware in the head as the K20?
no, the cams should be lighter since they have less lobes... and the rockers themselves are alot less complicated since the VTEC isnt the same!

but its not enough to make an overal noticable difference in handling :roll:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.