Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some information that I haven't found so far.

Problem: Without tightening throttle cable to hold butterfly open a bit (~3-4%), the engine will NOT idle or stay running at all. It is as if the motor can't get enough air on its own. Are there any mods necessary to the stock type s throttle body to allow enough airflow at idle? Aside from having to open throttle, the engine runs fine.

Attempted remedy: I have adjusted the idle air control duty cycle, air to fuel mixture, and have cleaned all parts. No vacuum leaks.

Swap details: DC2 ITR chassis, complete stock K24A2, RBC mani, stock Type S TB, 50* VTC, KPro V4. This is a clean swap, everything is new except for a low mileage K24A2 motor and throttle body.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I also have a K24 with Type S and had a similar issue except with low/high idle. Tightening the throttle cable helped the car stay on but it would get stuck when I would do hard driving since it was so tight. What I did instead was take an Allen key and small wrench (forgot size) and adjusted the idle from the bottom part of the TB's rotor. I loosened the nut and turned the screw to the right which helped me adjust the idle without messing with the throttle cable.

Not sure what the correct way is, but this helped me and my car runs and idles great. Something worth mentioning is that I'm not running an IACV and I'm using a Karcepts block off plate as well as their cruise control delete.

*Sorry for the crappy Google picture lol*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts