Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I came on here because I could use some help. I recently purchased a ktuner end user set for my 04 accord k24a4 5mt. I have ran into some problems... I called ktuner about a week ago before I purchased and asked them if it came preloaded with some base tunes, I spoke of a 93 tune for stock on intake. I have done a cold air and a bigger intake manifold off of a 04 tsx onto my accord. They said yes so I was gonna ask you all to help me translate. I will list a picture of the following tunes. The first two are the only ones that apply to me im thinking but could I get your all’s opinion. Should I use the RAD MT Reflash 1?
Wood Font Handwriting Parallel Tints and shades
Circuit component Font Electronic engineering Computer hardware Passive circuit component

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would put in the factory RAD manual base calibration. You're close enough to factory to make no difference. Then go get it tuned professionally if you're not planning to tune it yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would put in the factory RAD manual base calibration. You're close enough to factory to make no difference. Then go get it tuned professionally if you're not planning to tune it yourself.
Would that not just be a factory basemap? But thank you for the input I will try the Factory Rad. I sadly live very far away from a professional tuner and doubt I will ever get to go down towards georgia which would be the closest one. Being 20 and in college sucks lmao.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes that's the factory base map. It's a very good place to start running a factory engine

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,014 Posts
I completely agree with @Bjorn, ...

...It's a very good place to start running a factory engine
...and tune it from there. You can't avoid to alter the calibration if you have...

...done a cold air and a bigger intake manifold off of a 04 tsx onto my accord.
Tuning is no issue, just a task. So don't worry about it. I tune engines since years and I can say it made a biiiiig difference in power supply, availability, issue freedom and driveability. The changes you have made need definitely adjustments, there is no correct adapting base map available, fitting like, concerning safety and performance, a tuned one.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Would that not just be a factory basemap? But thank you for the input I will try the Factory Rad. I sadly live very far away from a professional tuner and doubt I will ever get to go down towards georgia which would be the closest one. Being 20 and in college sucks lmao.
Being 20 again in college sounds awesome to me. The squeezed boxes are all brand new feeling... 🤤

1 - 7 of 7 Posts