Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up,
I'm new at making an engine change. I have an ep3 02 with k20A3 and I plan to put a tsx K24A2 (all stock, I only have header and intake maninfold of K20z3 and I would use the injectors of the k20a3) but I want to know if I can use the k24 without k pro, I read that many people say no because I can break the engine. So a reflash of k20 ecu would help me not to break the k24? Or can I get the ecu of the K24A2?

Thank you very much for your answers

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
4 Posts
What's up,
I'm new at making an engine change. I have an ep3 02 with k20A3 and I plan to put a tsx K24A2 (all stock, I only have header and intake maninfold of K20z3 and I would use the injectors of the k20a3) but I want to know if I can use the k24 without k pro, I read that many people say no because I can break the engine. So a reflash of k20 ecu would help me not to break the k24? Or can I get the ecu of the K24A2?

Thank you very much for your answers
Since you are doing a motor swap but still using the ECU of the old motor I think you will need tuning software to make it run right. It makes sense to do this since swapping an engine is such a big investment. There are other options besides KPRO. I am running Ktuner software on my K24 now. In the past I was considering a motor swap and my tuner told me he could simply download the ECU base map for the engine I was swapping using the Ktuner software.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts