Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the head on the K24 the same as the one in my civic? If so this means I could simply bolt a complete K24 in place of the existing K20A3 leaving the K20A2 Head swap for a later date?

·
Registered
599 Posts
JohnR said:
Is the head on the K24 the same as the one in my civic?
No it's not. There are three different types of K24 head and none are exactely the same as your EP head. If you mean the Accord/Element or CRV head here are the differences:

The Accord and Element hav a head with EGR cast in and ustilize a different kind of intake manifold. The upper raditor hose mount on an EGR housing on the side of the head instead of the front.

The CRV head is very close to the same as the EP head, but with larger exhaust ports.

brian g

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K24 Swap

O.k. So that means may as well do the k24 engine K20A2 head swap all at the same time. What exactly is needed to do this? I have heard that there is an extra actuator on the RSX head to accomodate the different VTEC system. Do I need the RSX ECU or will a Hondata K-Pro for my EP3 be enough and is there a wiring harness available or is it easy enough to run my own wires. For reference I am a technician by trade.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Re: K24 Swap

JohnR said:
O.k. So that means may as well do the k24 engine K20A2 head swap all at the same time. What exactly is needed to do this? I have heard that there is an extra actuator on the RSX head to accomodate the different VTEC system. Do I need the RSX ECU or will a Hondata K-Pro for my EP3 be enough and is there a wiring harness available or is it easy enough to run my own wires. For reference I am a technician by trade.
There is no extra actuator but you will want a K-pro ECU becuase the actuator is operated at a different rpm.

You can have your EP ECU modified.

brian g

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K24 Swap

Has anyone put together a comprehensive list of parts/modifications to wiring harness needed to put this combination together? I don't want to get halfway through the job and find oops, don't have one of those.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sorta in the same boat...I'm putting on the an A2 head onto my A3 in my EP3...

So far I've purchased the following:

complete a2 head assembly with rocker arms, cams, etc.
headbolts and headgasket
type s injectors
kpro

Now my question is what else I need to complete this swap. Im hearing a few differing statements about needing new sensors...some are saying I need a new VTEC solenoid, some say I need a new VTC solenoid, some say I need new camshaft position sensors and others say I shouldn't need anything other than what I have.

Really confused...those in the know, please help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Swap

I wwas over in Vancouver talking to A&J Racing and they said that the entire type s engine will swap providing you have the ecu aswell. So I would think that the head will go straight across plug in the new ecu and bingo. But so far no one is willing to say 100%

1 - 7 of 7 Posts