Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this isnt the right place for my quiestion. Does anyone have the part# on a k24 surpintine(sp?) belt. Its in an 02 civic without PS or AC just the idler pulley. We tryed the belt off our k20 eg but the difference in the k24 deck height makes the belt too short. TIA

its a cell phone pic.....my bad

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rusty Shacklferd said:
Nevermind i figured it out. The k24 has a larger diameter crank pulley than the the type s, so if you use the type s pulley the type s belt will work.
hey actually, that is a good question, i had a k20, now going k24 and i plan on squeezing all the power i can out of it so no power steering of a/c. is it hard to change the crank pully? my motors will be side by side next week to compare and swap out intake manifold and stuff so i will try it, just wondering how hard it was and what is the part number for that, no p/s or a/c? i would really appreciate it.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
It is very simple in my opinion. You take string and you measure how long you want it to be.. Then you see if that belt is available in 7 rib.

For example,

if you need 39 inch belt (used only for 3 pulley setup) then you need

the Dayco 5070390 Belt http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=DAY&mfrpartnumber=5070390

for 41 inches : Dayco 5070410

Serpentine Belt: 63/64" x 41" 7 Rib
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=DAY&mfrpartnumber=5070410

for 50.5 inches
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=DAY&mfrpartnumber=5070505

and so on.. Not all sizes are available.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Instead of using the idler pulley, you can also use only 3 pulleys but you would need to buy the AEM pulley which is bigger in order to use a 7 rib belt.

Here's the setup with 4 pulleys ( with the Civic Si idle pulley)
length is 50.5 inches. You can get it at Kragen. The belt part number is 5070505.

the 7 = 7 rib
505 = 50.5 inches

and parts for the pulley are

pulley 31190-PRA-000
bracket 31175-PRA-000
washer 31185-PCX-003
bolt 90031-PRA-000

Here's the setup with 3 pulleys ( with the AEM pulley)

belt can be bought from advance auto
rib 39 inch belt. (rsx has 7 ribs but Supafly is using 6)

Part number is POLY COG 5070390

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
bought a belt from kragen looks like it will crap out in the first day!!!

its going back oem belt is like 68bucks :wow:

bought mine for 23bucks :down: to kragen and cheap parts :down: :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
nikos said:
Instead of using the idler pulley, you can also use only 3 pulleys but you would need to buy the AEM pulley which is bigger in order to use a 7 rib belt.

Here's the setup with 4 pulleys ( with the Civic Si idle pulley)
length is 50.5 inches. You can get it at Kragen. The belt part number is 5070505.

the 7 = 7 rib
505 = 50.5 inches

and parts for the pulley are

pulley 31190-PRA-000
bracket 31175-PRA-000
washer 31185-PCX-003
bolt 90031-PRA-000

Here's the setup with 3 pulleys ( with the AEM pulley)

belt can be bought from advance auto
rib 39 inch belt. (rsx has 7 ribs but Supafly is using 6)

Part number is POLY COG 5070390
hey nikos, i have a k24a2 withstock crank and idler pulley, tensioner and i have the aem alternator pulley, it measures at 43 inches. do you know a part number for that or a way to make it 41 inches which you already have a part number for. can i swap out the idler pulley with an si or find a stock alternator pulley?
bump for answers asap. tia

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
nikos said:
That is 67.5 inches... damn!! Are you sure you are routing the belt the right way?
edit: I got the wrong belt. I got the stock RSX type S belt for that car... :down:

I need a belt that is 4 pully setup in the EG.

I think that one is 50.5 inches.
My current belt part number is: 7k505

gussing the 50.5 is the inches :up:

·
Registered
119 Posts
nikos said:
yeah i just ordered that second (42.5") belt. thanks for all your help. i hope it works but if not, it was only $30. only bummer is it says it wont be here until thursday and i planned on starting the motor up tuesday, oh well whats 2 more days ya know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Rusty Shacklferd said:
Nevermind i figured it out. The k24 has a larger diameter crank pulley than the the type s, so if you use the type s pulley the type s belt will work.
Won't this throw the balance of the crank off?

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
To answer the original question, the belt to use on a stock K24 with NO A/C and NO PS with the EP3 idler pulley is a 52.2 inch belt. This was covered in another thread somewhere and the overall agreement for the setup i listed above was 52.2 inches. I bought one the other day at Autozone:)down: ) for like $12.99, the part # is 522k6. Only thing is that it is a 6 rib belt instead of the factory 7 ribs, however nobody that i know of has yet to find a 52.2 inch belt that is has 7 ribs anywhere.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.