Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if the CRV, Element and Accord block are all the same? I've heard that the accord block is different to the CRV block, but is the Element block the same as the CRV block or as the accord or different from all.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
From what I understand, the CRV is the only one that will accept a k20a2 oil pump without any modifcation. The accord, element and TSX blocks have a oil girdle that has a raised ridge or hump right down the middle. Other than that, they appear to be the same. Of course they each have different internals.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nikos said:
From what I understand, the CRV is the only one that will accept a k20a2 oil pump without any modifcation. The accord, element and TSX blocks have a oil girdle that has a raised ridge or hump right down the middle. Other than that, they appear to be the same. Of course they each have different internals.
Do you know what is needed to be modified to be able to use the other blocks with rsx parts and internals?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
HONDA GHANDI said:
Do none of them have oil squirters? I noticed they have (tsx K24) the bosses for them. I was going to try and drill the block for squirters on my setup.
So none of the blocks have the squirters? The TSX is drilled for them but doesn't have them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.