Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I've seen several posts on this subject, I haven't seen a definitive answer to my question, which is: Do you HAVE to change the pistons in the Accord block to run the TypeS head? Has anyone actually done this swap and had any valve to piston clearance issues?

Secondly, has anyone tried putting the EP3 cams in the K24? With the same HP numbers but at 2.0 vs 2.4L, the EP3 cams have got to be a lot hotter than the 2.4 cams...should be worth 20 HP or so...

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Welcome to the site. Your friend Brian G, posted that someone tried it and there were issues. Ask him about it.

Your EP3 cam idea sounds cool. I have never heard of this questoin before but my guess is that it will not work. They will fit but that's about it.

When you have some time, can you post your A/C pics of your car? When hasport site went down... these pics that Brian had got lost.

Thanks a lot.

Nikos

·
Registered
61 Posts
So the ep3 cams would not work on a accord engine what about the crv engine.I also heard that the type s would only work on crv motors but you can not rev it too high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.