Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I see allot of options here.. need a header for my swap.. my thoughts getting a "shorty" header meaning no down pipe just 4-1 and have custom exhaust from header back good idea or bad?

Y you ask i see the same header with the same setup one person it works an the. Other does not very confusing...

Someone help...

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I see allot of options here.. need a header for my swap.. my thoughts getting a "shorty" header meaning no down pipe just 4-1 and have custom exhaust from header back good idea or bad?

Y you ask i see the same header with the same setup one person it works an the. Other does not very confusing...

Someone help...
Apparently the 05-06 May be able to fit k24 swap headers with stock sway, but that is here-say, I don't know for sure. What I do know is that most won't fit. It's been said that the DCRH will fit with the stock sway however I too have heard of it not fitting could have been an 05-06 case vs an 02-04. So what are you left with?...

Assume it won't fit cause it's a standard notion that stock sway will not fit header with K24 swap. Start planning for an aftermarket sway. The Em2 swaybar is 15mm and it allows any header to fit. You can do that or go aftermarket. It's not brain science.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you.... I was hoping for a different answer. I already aftermarket sways. Anyway should i go with the stock 02+ civic si front sway bar or will aftermarket work as well? Again allot of " it does or it doesn't fit".

·
Registered
361 Posts
Apparently the 05-06 May be able to fit k24 swap headers with stock sway, but that is here-say, I don't know for sure. What I do know is that most won't fit. It's been said that the DCRH will fit with the stock sway however I too have heard of it not fitting could have been an 05-06 case vs an 02-04. So what are you left with?...

Assume it won't fit cause it's a standard notion that stock sway will not fit header with K24 swap. Start planning for an aftermarket sway. The EP3 swaybar is 15mm and it allows any header to fit. You can do that or go aftermarket. It's not brain science.
Just for clarity- the ep3 front sway is not 15mm- it is 25mm. the em1 or em2 front sway is 15mm- this sway allows the most amount of clearance for a RH in a k24 swap. however- some race headers fit with the stock 25mm front sway. but like stated above- its hearsay what will fit and what wont. i would search what is the most common RH to fit your chasis with your motor and your sway bar and go from there. if your not into the guessing game- have ASP build you one for what you want. :up:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes it is a big guessing game. I have a 2002 rsx base 5spd.
Motor swaping in the 2007 k24a2.

Ideas for header are as follows:
Standard header with custom down pipe and 3" exhaust
Or
Dc, obx race one piece header into custom 3" exhaust.

Issue. Sway bar clearance but i know almost all know about this issue. Asp and other custom header shops are just a little out of budget as this time.

How much difference is there if any in the type s chasis?

·
Registered
361 Posts
not sure what size sway you have in a base RSX- but the em1 or em2 front sway are pretty cheap. it is good insurance when picking a RH that your not sure about fitment. I run a PLM/ kiddracing RH and it fits nicely with my stock 25mm front sway (ep3)

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Just for clarity- the ep3 front sway is not 15mm- it is 25mm. the em1 or em2 front sway is 15mm- this sway allows the most amount of clearance for a RH in a k24 swap. however- some race headers fit with the stock 25mm front sway. but like stated above- its hearsay what will fit and what wont. i would search what is the most common RH to fit your chasis with your motor and your sway bar and go from there. if your not into the guessing game- have ASP build you one for what you want. :up:
Been studying so much had a brain poo there. Yeah EM2 is what I meant.

Yes it is a big guessing game. I have a 2002 rsx base 5spd.
Motor swaping in the 2007 k24a2.

Ideas for header are as follows:
Standard header with custom down pipe and 3" exhaust
Or
Dc, obx race one piece header into custom 3" exhaust.

Issue. Sway bar clearance but i know almost all know about this issue. Asp and other custom header shops are just a little out of budget as this time.

How much difference is there if any in the type s chasis?
There are plenty of threads on this stuff if search button is utilized. There is really no magic pill for this situation unless you don't mind paying ASP, SSR, etc for a custom RH. Which I doubt you will being your considering DC, and OBX :rolleyes:

OPTION1-BUY CUSTOM HEADER
OPTION2-Buy Em2 Sway or Custom Sway
OPTION3-No Sway-Which Im doing and oversteer is quite fun although I have both (25mm and 15mm)EM2 sway
OPTION4-If you can't figure out 1 of the above 3 continue trying on your sisters panties

Here's something that might help you a bit:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=523106&highlight=em2+swaybar
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=711936&highlight=em2+sway

·
Registered
361 Posts
it all comes down to how you want to approach it. there are plenty of 'it fit for me but not for him' stories out there. if you want guaranteed fitment and quality- a custom header is the way to go. if you want to roll the dice- you can try an off the shelf RH and do what you can to make it fit. its just one of the joys of undergoing a swap. personally- and this is just my 2cents- but i wouldnt touch anything OBX with your dick and 3 rubbers... just saying

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hear ya bout the obx.. dc seems to be the most used. So whut about a none race header an take say a shorty and have a cistom down pipe and exhaust made?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think i figured it out.. imma go with the hybrid racing header. Just to clarify, if i go with the type s header and type s exhaust it should be just fine in my base chasis?

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
wow that looks sick! looks super long lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Whats up guys wondering which endlinks i need to install this EM2 front sway on my 02 base model RSX with K24a2 swap,Running Kidd Racing headers..

101 - 120 of 138 Posts