Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just curious.. and asking a noob question but does the chassis that the header is for make any difference?? for instance, one for a kswapped CRX, will it fit in an EM2/ES1? Thanks..:confused:
Yes the chassis code may matter (depending on what you're comparing).

For example: a header meant for a K20 swapped EG, will not work on a stock DC5/EP3. If you do a search for headers meant for that setup, you'll see the design is completely different (one looks like a "L" while the other might look more like a "~"

I'm not positive in you're example, but pretty positive a k swapped CRX header will not work on an EM2.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Just curious.. and asking a noob question but does the chassis that the header is for make any difference?? for instance, one for a kswapped CRX, will it fit in an EM2/ES1? Thanks..:confused:
negative, different clearances between back of motor and firewall. we use the headers for the EP3 and DC5.

this is one for an eg, see how it is like straight up and down then parallel with the ground?
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...QgAf5-ojsDA&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

here is one for the dc5, it's very long and a slow decline
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...gQeRorjyDA&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
I've heard the EM2 swaybars give better clearance.
that is definitely true, i had an em2 with a dc5 dc header with dc5 sway bar with a k24 and it rubbed, when i swapped em2 sway it gave a better clearance.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Thanks for the clarifying the differences! Just wanted to make sure before I purchased one... With that said, I take the oem type-s header will hold me over until I get my turbo setup started?
Yeah but it will be bottlenecked like a mOFO. Don't expect that mad Vtakkk PuLL:driving:

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Thanks bro.. I'm just going to need something to work until I get my turbo setup to work... but I'll see what the difference in cost is and if it's not that bad then I just may go with the DC Sports header.
Well it'll still be night and day compared to the k20 though. :up: Yeah if it's gonna be a while for the turbo set up. I'd consider a header

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Well it's going to be night and day compared to the D17...lol. I'm going to be swapping into an ES1 (2003 Civic Sedan)....:cool::dance:
You will wet de pantz:D

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I'm not sure if this thread is exclusively for k24 owners but here is what i've got.

EP3
K20a3
BCRH
soon to be EM2 Swaybar
THREAD TITLE:

Re: K24 owners - please post header & sway bar setups

·
Registered
31 Posts
  • 2004 Ep3
  • K24A2 (motor mount inserts)
  • KRRH headers
  • Em2 swaybar

OEM sway would not fit at all, the EM2 fits only when the car is flat on the ground, on ramps, it touches the headers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
RSX (Base Model)
K24
kiddracing header

had to take off the progress front sway i had cause it was sitting on the header anyone know of a sway bar to fit??

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
RSX (Base Model)
K24
kiddracing header

had to take off the progress front sway i had cause it was sitting on the header anyone know of a sway bar to fit??
use like an 01-03 civic ex front sway. better clearance.

·
Registered
361 Posts
03 ep3
ESMM + torque damp
04 k24a2
stock sway (adjustable endlinks + poly bushings)
KiddRacing RH

no rubbing/ rattling issues

·
Banned
700 Posts
this is one of my new headers almost done, this one is not a tri-y but a 4-1 for a supercharger setup

81 - 100 of 138 Posts