Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i ordered a kidd racing header yesterday and the guy (mike) said that it will definitely fit with a k24 swap and the oem swaybar...

i've got hasport mm's, so i'm hoping with those and new oem endlinks, he's correct...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Chassis: DC5 (RSX-S)
Header: OEM exhaust manifold with 02-04 cat and piping.
Swaybar: OEM 02-04 RSX-S
Notes: Clears fine. No contact but close. Stock suspension height.
you have a k24 in your rsx and your using the stock header and exhaust? how is it running? i would like to keep my itr header when i put in my k24 but i wasnt sure how well it would fit and also restrict the exhaust flow?

·
Registered
206 Posts
does anyone have the r crew header on a k24 ep3?

·
Banned
700 Posts
i have a friend and he is going to start building bolt on RSX-S headers for a k24 setup so it will be also fir an em2 like my car, and he used to work for burns stainless and hytech exhaust so his work is legit so if anyone is interested i will be selling them within a month and i will send pix so interested people

·
Registered
723 Posts
i have a friend and he is going to start building bolt on RSX-S headers for a k24 setup so it will be also fir an em2 like my car, and he used to work for burns stainless and hytech exhaust so his work is legit so if anyone is interested i will be selling them within a month and i will send pix so interested people
looking forward to this. what kind of price range are we talking about?

·
Banned
700 Posts
i was hoping to sell them for $500, but thats for mild steel with a ceramic coating inside out but not like the cheap coating dc uses

·
Registered
363 Posts
you have a k24 in your rsx and your using the stock header and exhaust? how is it running? i would like to keep my itr header when i put in my k24 but i wasnt sure how well it would fit and also restrict the exhaust flow?
Right now:

K24
DC5
MRRH
Stock Base 25.4mm Sway

Used to run:

K24
DC5
Stock Base header, cat, and exhaust. All base stock parts fit with no problem. Can't comment on DC5R or DC5S exhaust fitment.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Chassis: EP3
Header: Kiddracing Header
Swaybar: EM2 Front sway (15.9 mm?)
Notes: Get mount's and adjustable endlinks or DC5-S endlinks (apparently they are longer compared to stock EP3 endlinks) to solve rubbing.
hate to burst your bubble but the ep3's endlinks are the same as the rsx type-s... they have the same part # and all. maybe the dc5-r's are different

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Sorry, I didn't even realize I'd posted in this thread earlier. I was about to repost but I decided to read some stuff over again. :D

Anyway, my car is running fine. Feels more torquey. The only reason I've got stock header, exhaust and swaybar is because I'm too broke for anything better. :( I'm quite sure my exhaust flow is restricted but still feels fairly good.

When I'm ready for new piping, I'm going to check back on this thread for a header that'll clear. Piping would probably be some cheap-ass eBay catback but I'd only keep the piping (probably 2.5") and sell the ricer N1 clone exhaust. I had not intended on modifying the RSX (daily driver). I just happened to have a K24 (intended for another car) to drop in when my original motor blew.

·
Registered
723 Posts
any updates on this?

21 - 40 of 138 Posts