Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see what options us k24 guys have for a header.

Please post:

Chassis:
Header:
Swaybar:
(with diameter if you know it)
Notes:

EP3
DC Race header
Stock EP3 sway (24mm I think)
I'll see if I can get some pics soon

·
Registered
149 Posts
Em2 chassis

Megan long tube header

dc5-s sway bar

(doesn't rub, but has about a 16th of an inch clearance)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Chassis: EP3
Header: DCRH EP3 Specific
Swaybar: None lol
Notes:
I think my DCRH is ****ed up or something because there is absolutely no room for my sway, and barely the header itself. The header is leaned up super close to the heatsheild by the firewall, and the collector where it meets up with the catback is insanely tight up against the bottom of the car.

Not sure if its because of the K24A2 deck height, or my header is ****ed up.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
any one with a kiddracing header and k24 in an rsx? what sway bar?

I have one on a k24 ep3. fitment should be the same on the rsx (someone on crsx has a krrh on a dc5) You will really need to replace the stock motor mounts as oem are way too mushy & allow for too much movement.

it clears the the sway when the car is on the ground. on a lift the sway rotates & rests on the header but not too badly. I will post pics later

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have one on a k24 ep3. fitment should be the same on the rsx (someone on crsx has a krrh on a dc5) You will really need to replace the stock motor mounts as oem are way too mushy & allow for too much movement.

it clears the the sway when the car is on the ground. on a lift the sway rotates & rests on the header but not too badly. I will post pics later
i didnt realize the car being on a lift made a dif. I'm about to try to my stock sway and a progress sway and actually put the car back on the ground this time.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i didnt realize the car being on a lift made a dif. I'm about to try to my stock sway and a progress sway and actually put the car back on the ground this time.
The last I heard, the neuspeed sway bar clears the DCRH. I Still have a stock EP3 and the progress sway..,Yeah..its very close and will hit when the tires come off the ground.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
EM2
DC Race header - Extended tubes for Progress front sway bar.
Progress front Sway(Too lazy to put back on)

One of the reasons it was hitting was because the motor mounts were not stiff enough, i put a front 85a mount from stock and its like night and day...

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Chassis: DC5 (RSX-S)
Header: OEM exhaust manifold with 02-04 cat and piping.
Swaybar: OEM 02-04 RSX-S
Notes: Clears fine. No contact but close. Stock suspension height.

·
Registered
655 Posts
dc5 types
k24
stock sway bar
kidd racing header
innovative mounts
there is about a mm of clearance. i have a little black mark on my header. i dont think it is going to damage anything tho.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Chassis: ep3

Header: dcrh

Swaybar: none

so if i get a kidd krusher header, i can run my factory sway bar again? i do have hasport motor mounts on...
i heard if you used hotchkis adjustable end links, they work also for clearance. yes/no?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Header: Type s MRRH
Swaybar: OEM
Notes: I had to cut the hanger on the header and I have poly mounts as well. Clears with more than enough room.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Header: Kiddracing Header
Swaybar: EM2 Front sway (15.9 mm?)
Notes: Get mount's and adjustable endlinks or DC5-S endlinks (apparently they are longer compared to stock EP3 endlinks) to solve rubbing.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Ep3
RSX Type S DC Header
No Sway Bar:up:

1 - 20 of 138 Posts