Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I just got me a k24 from the crv but havent split it yet. i already have the type s head and block /tranny,not split yet either.

question #1 do i have to feed the head with an oil line like a b20/vtec.

question #2 how do I activate the clutch being its cable.

question #3 which tranny should I use 6 speed or 5 speed.

I opted for this configuration since I cant get the more expensive type r. am I on the right track or should I sell it ,im tyring to go nitrous maybe a two stage. I got everything for cheaper than 650 :lol: 0, then go and actually find the r. I have the hondata that pacman recommended but the only thing kinda dissapointed it doent have the 3 step revlimiter, kinda wanted the full throttle shift limiter. now all im waiting for is the mounts from hasport,or whatever mount company will come out first. thanks for reading this any reply will help!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
what are the advantages to a hydraulic clutch? since the k20a's are hydraulic i was going to swap in a hydraulic clutch pedal, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K2e2vin said:
what are the advantages to a hydraulic clutch? since the k20a's are hydraulic i was going to swap in a hydraulic clutch pedal, etc.
i have a b20/vtec hydro in it right now and it operates from hasport cable to hydro conversion. it has its pro and cons. when activated from cable it feels like it binds, but the ease of finding another hydro cable is almost limitless, other hand its cheaper to buy a s1 tranny or y80 trans with lsd than you would for a type r. im thinking when i get to shoehorn the k series in here im going to try to put the hydro pedal assembly. im waiting for pics from pacman or anyone in here with other ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.