Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got my motor to start.. but has some problem.. it idles at 2grand.. also da intake sound loud too.. and it's misfiring a lil bit and da exhuast smells like hell.. do u think it's da o2 sensor? cuz i don't have any o2 sensors in at all.. not even da primary 1.. also my car over heats n da radiator res. is bubbles so i no i needa change my headgasket but would da headgasket cause da misfiring and da crazy exhuast smell? some1 help me out thx..

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
For the idle probs we need to know if you are on kpro or not.

Not on kpro or dont have the primary disabled in kpro.....yeah prolly gonna be running rich in an attempt from the ECU keeping the motor from going too lean.

if your idle is messed up and your intake is loud, could be your IACV (idle air control valve) .....mine is loud when i first start, then warms up and the intake suction noise lessens.

over heating, you just need to keep adding water several times after you drive it if it needs it since there is no "bleed valve" for the coolant. If its full and not taking anymore and you have bubbles....may be more serious such as a head gasket.

Typing in complete sentences that make sense helps you get replies just so you know:up:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for ur help.. Right now i'ma just using the PRC ecu type r. Kpro coming!!!!.. just need the car running to get around for now.. So the exhuast smell n the misfiring can be the o2 sensor? i'll get that very soon n let no u wat happens.. as for the over heat i'll try n add more coolant see if dat help.. i'll get back to u very soon thx..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts