Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
k20a.orgy
2,954 Posts
Does anyone know what intake manifolds fit on a 2002 K24 swap MR2 Spyder? So I did a k20 type r swap. It was pretty fun to dive. Was using NT01 tires good traction. So I pulled that motor and dropped the k24a2 in. And now 1st and 2nd lose traction. The torque is real. Feels like I'm driving a v8 lol. Anyways I just have intake exhaust and header, DC cams springs retainers with a tune. Just wondering what intake manifolds fit? I was thinking about going with the skunk 2 ultra. Since I plan on using turbo 6870 900hp goal. I also have 1000hp custom axles from DSS. Only thing left is bottom end, turbo kit fuel system and transmission basically. All my stock gauges work. Using a AEM infinity 508 ecu. Going to run at the track in a few months when it cools off.

PRB and Skunk2 Ultra Race both fit without hammering the firewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
:wowzers:

I would appreciate it.
This what he said when I asked.
Hello sir,

I did the Tuning on single VE map.
As fuel Module on AEM infinity is fantastic and closed loop fuel control is working fantastic, I could able to do so without having to do blend ve map for Vtec crossover ??

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,845 Posts
This what he said when I asked.
Hello sir,

I did the Tuning on single VE map.
As fuel Module on AEM infinity is fantastic and closed loop fuel control is working fantastic, I could able to do so without having to do blend ve map for Vtec crossover
Thanks 2002Mr2K24, this info is much much appreciated.

Yes the AEM INFINITY closed loop control is due to the 200 MHz processor the fastest I know on the market.

I just feel a bit uncomfortable tuning all on one map. This makes VTEC tuning a bit unflexible. Things like limp mode on 0° VTC are impossible as the VE map is tuned already for optimal VTC. At least I would use a high and low speed VE map and blend by VTEC switch point.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes indeed! I decided to document some of the process and started a YouTube channel, VegasBoost. Instagram handle @MK2MR2 also has the build process documented. I'll be posting a lot more content to the YouTube channel soon.
Just subscribed to both accounts. Diving into this platform coming from a R32 GTR, so I'm very virgin when it comes to the K series and MR2 in general.
Probably going to be pestering you with questions on your YouTube Channel in regards of the K series. Best of Luck!

James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just subscribed to both accounts. Diving into this platform coming from a R32 GTR, so I'm very virgin when it comes to the K series and MR2 in general.
Probably going to be pestering you with questions on your YouTube Channel in regards of the K series. Best of Luck!

James
You can contact me via IG or Facebook for quicker responses (same handle for IG and FB, MK2MR2) :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts