Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I own an Ef and have been looking for the right setup to put in my car. I have seen someone post that his k20; 216whp and170torque bubble hits 11.5 seconds.

I just want to know what kind of Hp yall are pushing in the k20's or k20/k24 setups and what Quarter Mile times yall are getting out of em, if you want to post more info GO AHEAD:dance: thanx.
And POST AWAY :dance::dance::dance:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have seen someone post that his k20; 216whp and170torque bubble hits 11.5 seconds.
if your talking about a certain EG hatch, then wat he meant by stock, is that the bottom end is internally stock. The head is equipped with aftermarket camshafts, n that hatch weighs in at about 2120+lbs.
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49057
the white eg hits 11.6 and a silver eg hits 11.5

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAMn this went off topic quick!!

Well thas cool about the eg.

Just purchased a Motor from Nikos, and just waiting now for it to be built (Cant Wait... in my EF)

BUT what are peoples time in their CRX!! With a K Motor.... Post EM my Brothas. If you want to add specs thats Even BETTER!:up::up::up:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Friend of mine ran a best time of a 12.5 @ MIR Import Vs. Domestics 1st time running the 1320. He's running a built k20/k24 crx hf on slicks. No traction the whole way =/. Hope this info helps

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn. No traction the WHOLE WAY??? on SLICKS WTF??
How is his suspension setup?? Does he even have the front traction bar?

damn. It seems like CRX's even tho so light are slower than EG's. WTF

Like a k20a in an EG is faster than a built k20 k24 in a rex.... Why just because the EG is longer???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Damn. No traction the WHOLE WAY??? on SLICKS WTF??
How is his suspension setup?? Does he even have the front traction bar?

damn. It seems like CRX's even tho so light are slower than EG's. WTF

Like a k20a in an EG is faster than a built k20 k24 in a rex.... Why just because the EG is longer???

-Slicks
-Traction Bar Ktuned
-Lsd

No Hooking No Booking :eek:

Its seriously how light the crx is that affects it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a stock k20a2 with type r tranny. Car was 88 crx hf gutted, traction bars, 24.5 slicks, k pro. I ran a 12.5 @ 110 with a crappy 2.3 60foot. Only made 3 passes before my radiator cracked. This setup would have easily went 11's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a stock k20a2 with type r tranny. Car was 88 crx hf gutted, traction bars, 24.5 slicks, k pro. I ran a 12.5 @ 110 with a crappy 2.3 60foot. Only made 3 passes before my radiator cracked. This setup would have easily went 11's.
damn bro. It seems like a k24/k20 frankenstein Motor would for sure be a 11.5 Sec car then...

IN my Crx HF 89, Its gettin a nice k24/k20 Frankenstein cant wait...

·
Registered
260 Posts
got any vids of that curious to see how it hooked on them 24's??

but it didn't, same thing with my friend. and he only had 3 passes himself on the 1/4 mile. He qualified for the pro n/a class(MIR) and lost to loan nguyen's 10 sec jank.
lol true story. i see a lot of people post up some incredibly fast times for stock motors. Bump for you's for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
got any vids of that curious to see how it hooked on them 24's??

lol true story. i see a lot of people post up some incredibly fast times for stock motors. Bump for you's for sure.

yeah that's the thing, these days your 1/4 time is based on what the guy with the same motor got and you assume your going to run the same, but most of the time it isn't even close. My friend also was on 24.5x8 or 9 m&h slicks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah that's the thing, these days your 1/4 time is based on what the guy with the same motor got and you assume your going to run the same, but most of the time it isn't even close. My friend also was on 24.5x8 or 9 m&h slicks.
I know what your saying, I was just curious to see how the stock motor would run on those 24.5 in rims, not saying something is out of the ordinary with 1/4 mile times but usually if you see a consistent amount of 1/4 times based on a certain setup you can get an idea of how fast it will do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts