Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
rev it till it makes power.

with the stock crv oil pump keep it really low 7000rpms & with a type-s oil pump just rev it till it makes power i would say with that compression and head power may peak not too far above 7300 rpm but with a type-s oil pump stock oem internals can handle low 8000rpm but if it doesn't make power that high then there is not point on revving it that high.

an rbc manifold can move your power band up a few rpms compared to the stock prb manifold. also a nice flowing header. just limit your redline by the mechanical parts first if you have a stock oil pump try not to pass 7200rpm. second if you have a type-s oil pump then take the car to a dyno and see where the engine peaks then set your rev limit 100rpm higher.

mine goes to 8100rpm: type-s oil pump, built bottom end, stock head with all the bolt-ons 3" exhaust. i have a friend with same mods as me but drag cams taking it to 10,000rpm but that's a trailers car it does not see any daily driving at all. so the lower your redline the longer it will stay together.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I only go to 7600 because it starts falling off around there, K24A1 with Type-S head, RSX-S intake cam, and TSX ex cam with Type-S oil pump. I don't see any reason to go any higher without it being built...especially since the torque is so good throughout...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanx guys..i guess for now im gonna get it on the dyno and check it out..dyno always seems to be the best answer to all questions of this nature...i do have the rbc, but still run the stock oil pump. guess ill upgrade the oil pump. most likey throw some 06-08 tsx cams...oem ftw!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts