Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup i finally got the cash to order my swap....well kinda. :) But i need a lil advice i wanted to do a k24/k20.....My question is should i order a tsx swap and a 6 speed tranny seprate then get the k20 head a lil later or should i wait a week till i get more cash and order a complete type s swap w/ 6 speed and get the k24 bottem end later.i know i gotta get the mounts,axles and pnp still but im trying to get the motor first.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....thanx alot :D

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
kaotiknrg760 said:
Sup i finally got the cash to order my swap....well kinda. :) But i need a lil advice i wanted to do a k24/k20.....My question is should i order a tsx swap and a 6 speed tranny seprate then get the k20 head a lil later or should i wait a week till i get more cash and order a complete type s swap w/ 6 speed and get the k24 bottem end later.i know i gotta get the mounts,axles and pnp still but im trying to get the motor first.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....thanx alot :D
whats up?why dont you get the type s motor and put it in your car? then you can have fun with it while you build up your k24. at leats that way your car will still be fast and fun.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
The tsx motor doesn't need the type s head. The tsx head is just fine. However there are certain things you have to consider about the TSX...

If you get one, you have to replace the throttle by wire with a normal TB assemply.. Also the tsx intake cannot be replace with a type r intake or the type s intake. The RBC would fit I guess..

The tsx motor seems to have potential but noone really knows if the TSX internals are indeed as strong as they sounds.. if the crank is really that different etc...

I agree with the type s motor, you have a good foundation, You can always built, make it into a k24a/k20a2 etc...

Same goes with the k24a longblock.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FINALLY!!!!! got a type s swap today $3000 including shipping.Complete motor/tranny/ecu everything except shift linkage.Car-Parts.com.Now i gotta save up for a mount kit (spent all my money!!!) im gonna get axles made from the local axle shop and im going to try and find someone in socal who does swaps that can wire it up for me.Im gonna swap the motors but i dont know crap about wiring so if anyone in socal knows a good k series mechanic let me know.thanx alot

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
kaotiknrg760 said:
FINALLY!!!!! got a type s swap today $3000 including shipping.Complete motor/tranny/ecu everything except shift linkage.Car-Parts.com.Now i gotta save up for a mount kit (spent all my money!!!) im gonna get axles made from the local axle shop and im going to try and find someone in socal who does swaps that can wire it up for me.Im gonna swap the motors but i dont know crap about wiring so if anyone in socal knows a good k series mechanic let me know.thanx alot
Thats cool man I am envious. And as far as the wiring just get as far as you can then ask what you cant figure out. PLUG AND PLAY FRIEND PLUG AND PLAY.LOL

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey im in socal and i had a k20a2 in my 02 civic ex. I blew it last week and yesterday ordered a tsx k24a2. I will be swapping that myself because all my wiring is done and stuff. from there it should just be plug and play. I helped the guy do my swap alot so i learned a bunch. best way to learn is to do it yourself.
The guy that did my swap is in LA, i dont know where you are in socal but he has done a few of these and has a couple more lined up. hes a good guy, i still call him with questions about the motor and he is very helpful. His name is Ruben i can give you his number if you want, he'll tell you exactly what you need too. Or if you have anymore questions feel free to ask me. Ill be starting the k24 swap next week and you could even come by my house and take a look/pictures whatever you need to help you out. Im in orange county. peace. troy

·
Registered
119 Posts
and as far as swapping a k24 bottom end... trust me, you will be plenty happy with the k20. My kill list included moded rsx type-s, s/c 02 si, multiple wrx's, and i blew my motor racing an srt-4. It was dumb, i mishifted. The driver was so surprised, he was yelling out his window how sick my car was.
btw, i have 02 civic ex SEDAN, completely stock exterior.

i only went with the tsx motor because it was cheeper and does a bit more potential in the long run. good luck man

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sup Troy....My name is Mike thanx for the positive feed bad im really interested in your buddy rubens advice and if he has time maybe he can work on my swap.I know a couple other guys doin k swaps too if he interested.If you can PM with your number i'd appreciate it.Im located in Palm Springs not to far from Orange County.Sorry i havent replied in a while i been trying to work to get my mounts and axles and what not.Hopefully i'll have pics up of my motor tonite kinda hard since i dont have a digital camera.Right on thanx alot bro talk to you later. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.