Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone turboed a frank build and got any good results i plan on doing it and want to know if its worth the time.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
im in the process of putting one together right now. from what i read and have seen with my own eyes , its definitely worth it. i have a k24a1 block and a full type s swap in my car now. i have blueprint rods comming in the mail , need pistons still. still not sure exactly what im gonna do. i really wish i could afford a sleeved block but i dont think its gonna happen this year.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yes Its a great choice for lots of easy power, but with the k24 you will also have lots of torque= lots of wheel spin. I have a teggy with 2.4 bottom end k20 bone stock head crower rods stock sleevs cp pistons with gt35r full race kit. The car made 598 at 24psi boost no problem what so ever and still makeing power just need a bigger fuel system. Ive had this setup for two years now daily driving and no problems bu trannys lol! one tip of advice use a 07 tsx crank it has less torque

·
Registered
417 Posts
im in the process also of building one..after 1yr i finally got my longblock built.

k24a1 sleeved by IB and bored out to 88mm
CP pistons 9:1CR
IB rods
crank balance/polish by Laskeyracing
k20a2 head
3angle valve job no porting
Ferrea valves
Supertech springs+retainers

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the biggest advantage of doing the k24 block is i'm going to get more torque and have a nice headached of getting everything to fit under the hood of my civic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts