Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was good k20. i got an ek that im gonna put a k24/k20 in. i got an accord block with a type s head. im working on all the interior and exterior things rite now. at this point im waiting to put the cage in. the dash is out, the harness, and the heater core is all out. let me kno wat ya think :cool:

how it looked before the bullshit happened:(

the bullshit happened

was gonna rebuild the gsr but i realized k is the way:up:

i had a working ep3 cluster in it too. only the temp guage didnt work

started taking everything apart

took the dash out, took everything behind it out...

wire harness was a BITCH :down:

cleaning up...

the motor..

my doors :cool:

my seats :p

im waiting on my roof:rolleyes: and steering wheel. the cage is next, gotta put the eg subframe in and finish the suspension, then paint, then ill get to the motor. im gonna need help on the wire harness im not gonna need anything like the windshield wipers, srs, the heating system. only really need head and tail lights and turn signals. anyone make a custom harness like this? let me know what u guys think

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You came out lucky. All you ned to do is put ona new radiator support.
yep thats all i gotta fix really. all i gotta do is drill out the spot welds that hold it rite? i might just take it off myself to save some money at the paint shop. and the same day that happened, i spent over a G at MB racing on parts for the gizzer...guess it was a sign??:confused:

·
I don't know
2,932 Posts
yep thats all i gotta fix really. all i gotta do is drill out the spot welds that hold it rite? i might just take it off myself to save some money at the paint shop. and the same day that happened, i spent over a G at MB racing on parts for the gizzer...guess it was a sign??:confused:
Lmaooo. So tempting to make a mockery but I think I will pass.

The rad support isn't hard at all. Clean the front so you can see all the spot welds and get a 23/64 titanium coated drill bit from any locksmith and it's a breeze. :up:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got some more work done today. got the gas tank out getting ready to go in the garage and start the roll cage:cool:

planning on fabbing some type of shield where the neck is. i dont like how its so close to the tire.

and can somebody tell me what the hell this is???

im selling the interior panels also let me know if u are interested

thats it for today going to buy my nrg hub adaptor and quick release. still need the eg forks and LCA's. let me know what ya think guys:up:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a nice project. You respraying the whole shell???
thanks, yea the whole shell with the roll cage. im gonna take the radiator support out myself too and just do the re welding myself so i could save some money at the body shop. and besides the bumpers its basically just the frame and roll cage to paint really

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got to taking the fuel lines and clutch lines out today.. what a corrosive mess!!

clutch lines

my dad chopped some of the bent radiator support out. waiting on the spot weld removers now for the rest. but we are getting close!!!!!!!!

and the two beasts!!!

now i have a question for u guys. the hard lines that i took out, whether it be for the fuel/brake/or clutch. can i make these all stainless braided? my dad was arguing with me that u should use more hardline than braided due to flexing? what kind of lines did u guys use under the car? help me out k20!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
thats a type-s head? did you switch out the oil cap? mine says 5-W30 and a bunch of tiny lettering around it. and you already had swapped valve covers for the one that says "HONDA" instead of "Honda Motor Co"?

just asking. i saw that and was like "wtf?" i was just hoping you didnt get screwed or something. but the build looks like its going to be nice and fun. :)

1 - 20 of 323 Posts