Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
22crazy said:
hey whats up. I was just wondering on some limitations on the k24/k20 frank. I've been reading up on it and i know that the redline of this motor is about 7000-7500 because rpms after that cause a great amount of piston speed. I was just wondering if i were to build the block, ie. pistons rods, sleeve, would i be after to rev it higher without breaking anything keeping in mind that i want to build this motor for serious boost. I dont mind the 7500 redline + boost + 2.4L; i think i can sacrafic the rpms for the 99mm crank and make more power without switching to the s2000 crank and keeping the stock bore (because of the boost). just a thought, what do u think? And one more thing, how much boost would a stock k24 bottom end handle(theoritically)?

thanks
I can't really tell you that because I dont plan to use it, I plan to do some serious deadly revving after the forged crank is installed.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Re: crank

22crazy said:
is the forged crank ur getting one from like IBspec? or u getting one done somewhere else? Also, do u plan to retain the 99mm stroke or are u gonna destroke the motor? My question before was to use the 99mm stroke, i just wanted a basic idea of how high this motor could rev, while maintaining the 2.4L displacement.

thanks
(Crower Billet Crank) (Titanium Rods) (Cryo treated pieces + coated)
99mm stroke will stay.
I plan to do the mouth dropping RPM, (No more comments) .

Who knows the limits, the higher you rev it on stock pieces the lower the reliability.

Aluminum pistons and rods and upgrade the oil to (synthetic) 5W40 or something a bit thicker.
Upgrade the pulleys and fly wheel.

Then take it to 8k no worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.