Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up. I was just wondering on some limitations on the k24/k20 frank. I've been reading up on it and i know that the redline of this motor is about 7000-7500 because rpms after that cause a great amount of piston speed. I was just wondering if i were to build the block, ie. pistons rods, sleeve, would i be after to rev it higher without breaking anything keeping in mind that i want to build this motor for serious boost. I dont mind the 7500 redline + boost + 2.4L; i think i can sacrafic the rpms for the 99mm crank and make more power without switching to the s2000 crank and keeping the stock bore (because of the boost). just a thought, what do u think? And one more thing, how much boost would a stock k24 bottom end handle(theoritically)?

thanks

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
22crazy said:
hey whats up. I was just wondering on some limitations on the k24/k20 frank. I've been reading up on it and i know that the redline of this motor is about 7000-7500 because rpms after that cause a great amount of piston speed. I was just wondering if i were to build the block, ie. pistons rods, sleeve, would i be after to rev it higher without breaking anything keeping in mind that i want to build this motor for serious boost. I dont mind the 7500 redline + boost + 2.4L; i think i can sacrafic the rpms for the 99mm crank and make more power without switching to the s2000 crank and keeping the stock bore (because of the boost). just a thought, what do u think? And one more thing, how much boost would a stock k24 bottom end handle(theoritically)?

thanks
I can't really tell you that because I dont plan to use it, I plan to do some serious deadly revving after the forged crank is installed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crank

is the forged crank ur getting one from like IBspec? or u getting one done somewhere else? Also, do u plan to retain the 99mm stroke or are u gonna destroke the motor? My question before was to use the 99mm stroke, i just wanted a basic idea of how high this motor could rev, while maintaining the 2.4L displacement.

thanks

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Re: crank

22crazy said:
is the forged crank ur getting one from like IBspec? or u getting one done somewhere else? Also, do u plan to retain the 99mm stroke or are u gonna destroke the motor? My question before was to use the 99mm stroke, i just wanted a basic idea of how high this motor could rev, while maintaining the 2.4L displacement.

thanks
(Crower Billet Crank) (Titanium Rods) (Cryo treated pieces + coated)
99mm stroke will stay.
I plan to do the mouth dropping RPM, (No more comments) .

Who knows the limits, the higher you rev it on stock pieces the lower the reliability.

Aluminum pistons and rods and upgrade the oil to (synthetic) 5W40 or something a bit thicker.
Upgrade the pulleys and fly wheel.

Then take it to 8k no worries.

·
Registered
599 Posts
C-Zero said:
(?) Since when I've been gone for a few weeks and this thing is a k24.
That's Hasport's car at Full Race and it's still has a K20. We may put a K24 in it in the future the kit will work either way. The target is 650hp, we won't need the K24 to get that. We're not in a big hurry with it at the moment, we just want to have it done by August.

As for your questions on the K24/20 frank, if you build it and limit the revs to 7500 you should be fine.

brian g

·
Registered
10 Posts
if u want to get a higher redline on yur k24 you would have to change the valve springs to stiffer ones so your valves can catch up to the higher revs you throw at them... also you need to get stronger rods cuz yur 99mm are weaker due to the extra height

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
jdmep3r said:
if u want to get a higher redline on yur k24 you would have to change the valve springs to stiffer ones so your valves can catch up to the higher revs you throw at them... also you need to get stronger rods cuz yur 99mm are weaker due to the extra height

No need to rev the k24 motor at 9000rpm to get the power out of it..

It's the rod not the crank...

I'm using a stock crank for my 800+hp civic... :up:

·
Registered
2 Posts
damn art your always doing crazy shiet from the all motor hatch spanking the turbo teg back in the day to the s2k @150+w/ itbs : :D .
ur crazy man :up:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
cyncrvrap1 said:
damn art your always doing crazy shiet from the all motor hatch spanking the turbo teg back in the day to the s2k @150+w/ itbs : :D .
ur crazy man :up:

It's Marouj :silly:

Art it's my brother...

·
Registered
2 Posts
TeamPacman said:
It's Marouj :silly:

Art it's my brother...
ahh ive talked to both of you :p you had the black ek and then you got in that accident :(
nice to see you guys are doing crazy shiet as usual :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts