Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SlowCivicHmm said:
Hey Everyone, I'm just lurkin doing a bit of research.....

I have a 92 VX EG that I've been building the suspension up and still have a D series, I've never gone the B series route.......well I'm buddies with rob aka EternalEK here on the site...I've rode in, worked on and driven his K power'd EK........and its made me want a K, but the funds aren't there as of yet.....

Lately he's been telling me to go k24, its fairly cheaper n what not...so here goes..

K24 came in the CRV and Accord....are there many differences??
Whats the Stock power to the Fly? to the wheel? stock Redline?

WOuld it matter if I go 5spd or 6 spd tranny??

I read that the Hasport mounts will bolt it up to my EG no problems?? Just hood clearance issues correct?

Would I need a diff custom header than the k20 for eg/eK? same thing goes for the fuel rail/lines/fpr, clutch line?? Would the K20 stuff work??

SOrry for the Noob questions...mostly everywhere I read its the k24 block with the k20 head swap question?? I just want a k24 motor in my car and running.....daily driven and track'd often at local track events....

Thnx for your time, I'll continue reading posts....

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
locash said:
Both K24's you mentioned are rated 160hp/160tq at the crankshaft. The k24 will bolt into the EG no prob with the hasport kit, and you only need to trim the underhood webbing. You can use the new Hasport header for either the k24 or k20 (it was test fitted on a k24 eg). The rest of the stuff is basically the same (fuel system, etc.).. The CRV motor is the one to get, less crap to deal with, and it comes with a 5 speed trans, or you can buy the RSX-S/R 6 speed if you really want that 6th gear..

I've heard that EternalEk's car is pretty quick, am I right? :)

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nikos said:
taken from honda tech

Welp,as some of you know,i kinda had a lil "problem " with my a3,and recently replaced it with a k24 out of a CRV,and added a K Pro to tune it.....Well,i havent even tuned the thing yet,and let me tell you...This thing makes GOBS of tq,down low,and through the midrange.....I havent EVER enjoyed my car this much before,and i havent even thought about pushing it yet,since its untuned.....The swap was very straight forward,and i only had to use a CRV upper pass side mount to get it to fit properly.I used the k20s IM/Ex Mani,tranny,clutch and flywheel,so it ended up being VERY cost effective.There were no mods required to the harness either,it is a plug and play swap........I highly recommend this motor to anyone that wants to swap,and cant afford the cost of a k20a or a2.It should be very easy to hit 170whp/160ish tq with bolt ons and the K pro.Shoot,thats like an a2 with an intake,but a LOT more tq,for half the price.........anyhow,this swap gets the from me,and it would be a great starting point for someone ready to ditch the a3 and not go broke in the process..

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah, i want to go this route...and then when you get some money you can slap a vtec head and some pistons and rods down the line..

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
im tryin to get my budget right now to put a jdm k20r in an eg hatch. from what i have been told is that i am looking at about 9000 to get the motor and all necessary motor pieces, engine harness, axles, susp, the whole works. that is somewhat of a rough estimate. im gonna be safe and plan on spending 10k. i have been talkin to a few people on honda-tech about this and im pretty sure im gonna do it this upcomming spring-summer. im lookin for a doner vx/cx right now. hope i was helpful good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.