Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? also i heard u cant use nothing else like (tranny, ecu, ect) at all if you're going k24.... Im just wondering because the k24 its cheaper than the type S & type R motor....& better torque... let me know wassup?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Don't believe you'll have hood clearance issues. if you go with the TSX you can't use the IM because its drive by wire so you need to use a k20 IM with throttle and then you need a block off plate for the coolant passage. You should use Kpro for all, when you use kpro with a 6speed trans reverse lockout won't work.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Does anybody know if the OEM TSX header will work with a TSX motor in an EK?

I know I have heard that the TSX header can be used on the K20 block, although not producing good results it will fit correct? Just wanted to know because I can always upgrade headers later but I am going to try and get my car running ASAP and saving some money on a $1000 header would help...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
excelcivicsi said:
could you just use a rsx TB and still use the tsx manifold?

i have not done too much research on the tsx motor. the dyno numbers look very promising :dance:
no you cannot, not sure on what the correct way to do it tho to make it work. I qoute nikos, "If you get one (tsx motor), you have to replace the throttle by wire with a normal TB assemply.. Also the tsx intake cannot be replace with a type r intake or the type s intake. The RBC would fit I guess.. "

Does anybody know if the OEM TSX header will work with a TSX motor in an EK?
it should. I would think it would fit nicer as well since it wouldn't hang as low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.