Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys..I need help with a swap im bout to do in my tsx. Since Kpro in now the option for us tsx owners would it benefit me to do a 04 k24 bottom end with a type r head or put my other motor in that is a 06 tsx with flat valves? the car is a 04 tsx. Please i need your help. Thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
The 06 with the flat valves is a great motor but i think the best combo would be the 04 bottom with the type r head imo.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
You already have a 2004 TSX. Just upgrade the valvetrain and replace the tsx seats and valve seals and put some cams. ALso replace the 25 vtc with a 45 vtc gear or a 50 VTC gear.

Tune first with the header you have. Go from there. No reason to swap a OEM motor for another OEM motor.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You already have a 2004 TSX. Just upgrade the valvetrain and replace the tsx seats and valve seals and put some cams. ALso replace the 25 vtc with a 45 vtc gear or a 50 VTC gear.

Tune first with the header you have. Go from there. No reason to swap a OEM motor for another OEM motor.
But the type r head i will have has 50 vtc. Im just worried about Piston to valve clearance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
But the type r head i will have has 50 vtc. Im just worried about Piston to valve clearance.
Its cheaper to have the tsx vtc modified to 45 degrees then buying a whole new head imo, the tsx is a great motor if u mod it right like nikos said theres no sense in swapping over to another stock motor, just upgrade ur head throw some cams valvetrain etc... all the money u would spend swapping motors u will still end up with a stock k20/k24 set up might as well spend that money and have an upgraded tsx motor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i stand corrected

1 - 10 of 10 Posts