Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you know me, some of you dont. My name is Kyle and have been on the site for awhile now, but have yet to post any builds. Thought I would share this build Im currently working on

Figure I'd give a little introduction as well. As stated my name is Kyle and oftenly called KJ. I'm from CT and work at a Local Honda Dealer as a Mastertech. Have been playing with/building Honda/Acura's for about 10 years and have done numerous builds and jobs all around CT & MA. Was always an H-series guy from the start hence the screen name. But got the K itch badly after going for a ride in a friends(NHSwaps) K20 EG.

All my work and future builds are all inspired by a good friend that most of you knew or knew of.................The one, the only Nick Haines (NHSwaps) :heart:

Well on to the Build on topic:

This 99 EK Hatch is a Friends car from eastern MA area that Im building for him. Relatively simple set up while using ALOT of the proven OEM parts. Car will be a daily driver and the weekend Auto-X'r. All work was performed by me and assisted by my right hand man, Chirs

Build will consist of:

- 06 K24A2
- 06 Z3 trans with Outer case swap
- K-Tuned Billet Shifter box
- 50* VTC gear
- RAA Upper guide
- HPT Autosport lower chain Guard (Amazing Piece:up:) Thanks Scott!!
- PRB Oil pump
- RBC intake w/P2R gasket
- RDX Injectors w/Clips
- Powder coated DC Subframe
- GSR P/S Rack
- DTR Header
- K-Teller 3" Exhaust piping
- Magnaflow 3" polished Muffler
- HASport EKK2 Mounts
- Hybrid Racing P/S Kit
- HR Spec Griffin Radiator
- HR Fuel Rail, & lines
- Comp Clutch
- Koni Yellow's w/Ground Control Coilovers
- Hardrace Bushing kit, and front & Rear UCA's
- Painted Bay
- Wire tuck

I apologize for the crappy Iphone pics

Now to let the pics do some talking:

The pile of parts that were delivered with the car in a U-haul trailer, lol

A little care package from my friends at AFH. Thanks again Ryan :heart:

Playin with the new toys on the day of delivery

Now to the PRB Pump mods, & install

Buttoning things up

Starting the Wire Tuck. Lol, cut up a BNIB A2 harness for this

The GSR P/S Rack Rebuild

Shifter mech engagement tooth was a little banged up so a freshy was in order

Now onto the car

How I received the car:

After a little work, She's Naked!

A little help from Paintscratch.com

Oh yes boys you guessed it, she's gettin rattle canned baby, lol

Did some rust grinding, and minor surface prep before I shot the whole bay in primer. No pics of any of that, just pics of the first coat of VSM

Then the bay was lightly shot with 2 cans of clear, then masked off for some brake line love. Brake line tuck was not in the build budget so I went to the next best thing. Satin baby!

Not bad for an outdoor, Cold Weather, Rattle can bay with very little metal prep work if I must say so myself

Well thats it for now, as Im tired as hell and my finger hurts from copying and pasting image codes for the past 2hrs, lol

I will post the suspension/brake work as well as the assembly pics when I get a chance. but for now, I'll leave you with a little teaser of her current stance

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
112 Posts
work looks good man and i peeped a nice sidewinding turbo mani up top lol, rest in paradise nick we all miss you man . keep up the good work man

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
work looks good man and i peeped a nice sidewinding turbo mani up top lol, rest in paradise nick we all miss you man . keep up the good work man
Thanks man, I'll keep you guys posted with progress. Yeah man I miss Nick everyday. He was and still is very inspirational to me and I'm sure many others! Nick will never be forgotten!

As far as the sidewinder mani goes, that's a full blown F20C sidewinder mani. You caught a sneak peek of the S2K I'm building as well. Since you spotted it and asked, I'll grace you guys with a teaser of the S2K, lol. This car will have it's own build thread when I get back to it after this EK build.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:worship:
Lol, I feel the same way about you and the parts hook up :worship:

I will be updating the thread with more Suspension/Brake assembly progress soon. And while you guys are checking that out, I will be out in the garage hopefully gettin this bitch to breathe for the first time in the EK :up:

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice work bro .. ek looks good .. that s2k is gonna be sick
Thanks. That it will be. Thanks Rapp :up:

looking forward to this.always heard a lots of good things about you.:up:up for ct
Good to know. Must be doing something right :cool:

kj built ftw......
You know it Paulie :p

What up with the Teg? Makin moves yet?

Looking good Kyle. :up:
Thanks Mike. I will have to update the thread again soon.

Have got alot more accomplished since my last post hence not having the time to update the thread.

Gotta get the pics of your Shifter mounted in the car. Was playing with it lastnight. Who would ever want to use a stock shifter again after feeling this thing, lol. :up: :up: :up:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bump for a good friend and a great tech...Kyle. I would recommend Kyle to anyone for any job. Looking good Kyle. Stay up on that work.

My A3 trans is currently getting the Kyle Johnson treatment...looking forward to ripping through fresh gears soon!

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump for a good friend and a great tech...Kyle. I would recommend Kyle to anyone for any job. Looking good Kyle. Stay up on that work.

My A3 trans is currently getting the Kyle Johnson treatment...looking forward to ripping through fresh gears soon!
Thanks Ray, and get it right it's your A2 & Z3 tranny's gettin worked, lol :rolleyes:

I guess you could call it an A3 when I'm done but who's gettin the Z2 :p

bump for kyle he degreed my motor and just rebuilt my tranny sure knows his shit.
Thanks man, now go smash gears and feel all that power! :up:

just moved the car down to the 13203 today gonna really start cracking on it soon prob gonna start a build thread soon show these cats how we get down...
That's what's up. Makin movfs!

I like build threads.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice build. :up: I remember playing with you and Nick on COD. Still have him on my friends list. :-(
Thanks man.

Oh yeah. What's your PS3 name? I haven't been on in forever, tryin to keep busy with jobs like these.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts