Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 1998 Civic EJ6 hatch with a K24 TSX engine w/ 6 speed LSD trans.
It has a nice, full-sized Koyo radiator, but the fan is 10" diameter and looks a little small.
I've noticed the temp gauge climbing a little above halfway on the temp gauge (accurate?)

Is there a nice dual fan setup that will fit this full-sized Koyo? It looks like a 12" diameter fan would fit.
With so many aftermarket options and universal parts, does anyone know what will be a bolt on fit?

There isn't much room between the radiator and the intake manifold, so it needs to be somewhat slim fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While stationary, lower road speeds.

This may be the answer
Hybrid Racing 10" Universal Slim Fan

"These universal slim fans can fit and work in a variety of applications. If you are doing a K-Series engine swap you will need to change the fan since the OE units are too thick. This fan works also works great with our full-size radiators. We recommend using a 12" slim fan on half-size radiators and (2) 10" fans on the full-size radiators."

·
Registered
19 Posts
While stationary, lower road speeds.

This may be the answer
Hybrid Racing 10" Universal Slim Fan

"These universal slim fans can fit and work in a variety of applications. If you are doing a K-Series engine swap you will need to change the fan since the OE units are too thick. This fan works also works great with our full-size radiators. We recommend using a 12" slim fan on half-size radiators and (2) 10" fans on the full-size radiators."
Those are same fan from Amazon for 20.
pretty sure theyre not the cfm hybrid is claiming.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I run dual fans, should I need to add an addition fuse and relay for the 2nd fan?

I'm not sure how it is currently wired up, I have not had time to look it over. The previous owner said it was all plug and play, managed by KPro.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If I run dual fans, should I need to add an addition fuse and relay for the 2nd fan?

I'm not sure how it is currently wired up, I have not had time to look it over. The previous owner said it was all plug and play, managed by KPro.
The stock car probably had 2 fans, one was the radiator and the other was the condenser. Even though your now using a full size radiator, still plug the left and right fan in as they were. kpro will kick both of them on @ you set temp if wired correctly. Kpro fan control (ecu pin b6) provides a ground to control the fan relay. The easiest way to run kswap fans is to move the fan control pin from the old ecu connector and pin it to b6 on the kpro. That way kpro controls the fans the same way the original ecu did. Some people run the physical fan switch too which again provides a ground to the relay.

I'm thinking you need separate relays for each fan to be safe but the cars probably already wired that way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts