Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Johnny2Dope said:
Is there a de-stroked rotating assembly available for the k24, something to reduce the stroke from 99 to 93-94 mm to rev it a bit higher?

Look don't get me wrong about this stroke motor thing....For some people, the big question is: Should I bore or should I stroke? And by how much? For the majority of applications, a stroked motor is preferred. You add cubic inches without having to buy a bigger-bore specialty block, Heck, there's always room in a block for longer crank throws, so why not! And especially in the case of street engines, the torque is there in the low rpms--you don't have to rev a stroker motor to the sky to get the fun factor up. There really are few drawbacks. Sure, a longer stroke means more stress on the main journals, but strengthening the caps and bolts takes care of that. And while there may be the potential for more stress on the cylinder walls, longer connecting rods can alleviate this, And I have told so many people about this...

It's not always about REVving it's how fast you can get the power up there...

Thank you.... :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
TeamPacman said:
Johnny2Dope said:
Is there a de-stroked rotating assembly available for the k24, something to reduce the stroke from 99 to 93-94 mm to rev it a bit higher?

Look don't get me wrong about this stroke motor thing....For some people, the big question is: Should I bore or should I stroke? And by how much? For the majority of applications, a stroked motor is preferred. You add cubic inches without having to buy a bigger-bore specialty block, Heck, there's always room in a block for longer crank throws, so why not! And especially in the case of street engines, the torque is there in the low rpms--you don't have to rev a stroker motor to the sky to get the fun factor up. There really are few drawbacks. Sure, a longer stroke means more stress on the main journals, but strengthening the caps and bolts takes care of that. And while there may be the potential for more stress on the cylinder walls, longer connecting rods can alleviate this, And I have told so many people about this...

Ya, but doesn't it also depend a lot on what you are going to be using the car for? In drag racing the 99mm stroke might not be all that bad, since you will only really be on and off the motor for a fairly short period of time, and will be taking advantage off the full RPM range. But if you are road racing or endurance racing taking a little bit of stress off the internals of a motor that are going to be seeing fairly high speeds and revs for extended periods of time, might not be such a bad idea, don't you think? This is also the place where you might want a little taller RPM band, ehhh?

·
Registered
8 Posts
teampacman i don't know should i go all motor or what with my k24a1 bottom and type s head and ep3 tranny :eek:
TeamPacman said:
Johnny2Dope said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.