Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
44,145 Posts
For now, my K20A2 is internally stock with a 3" custom intake, RBC IM, DTR headers, 2.5" exhaust and Kpro. If I upgrade to something like IPS-K2's, valvetrain, PnP and maybe over sized intake valves, ported RBC, 70mm TB , 3" exhaust with a K24 block, would forged rods and pistons be necessay?
No, they are not necessary, but you could skip the head stuff (pnp/ os valves). Just get the cams.
Spend that money on rods and pistons and you will see a larger gain throughout the powerband and less risk at higher RPM.

· Registered
44,145 Posts
Could be, bearings are made by different suppliers, maybe different suppliers for the Cranks, I know that I took 3 cranks to a balancing shop and the CRV ones were not balanced, just the TSX one, They only need it to touch it up when the guy took it to 11,000 RPM.
Yeah, I saw that in the other thread. I think talon is on the mark with what he said regarding the difference in oem bob weight.
could be the same molds just different metallurgy....
I was thinking either that or heat cycling. Maybe just a more powerful press.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.