Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
474 Posts
While I'm on the subject, is any one K24 block make a better candidate for a K24/K20 frank?
There is one thing about the 2008 CRV block that I like, the oil filter location is in the vertical position right next to the oil pan.

This good because it easily allows you to fill a new filter with oil when doing oil changes.

Thats some insane power! That's got to be at the crank though right?
282whp @ 202trq in my 96EK.

· Banned
474 Posts
Sorry if this sounds naive but doesn't 112 contain lead?

To get around running expensive race fuel one could install a water mist injection system.

I have a customer who installed a full time water mist injection system with a RPM window switch on his NA 07 Civic Si, runs 87 octane and gets better fuel economy and more power than when he ran premium alone. He says he only has to fill the reservoir every 4 or 5 days.

· Banned
474 Posts
You're right.

I only knew because my mother-in-law brought her CRV to my shop for a nice 0-W30 Amsoil treatment.

I have had a couple of customers who have done oil filter relocation kits on K20A2's so the can mount it in the vertical position and get to the filter easier.

I hate to thread jack but while we are on the oil change subject I am ordering a couple of these for my shop.

I found them in the sky mall catalog when I was flying to and from salt lake city for a convention.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/auto-accessories/7l-hand-pump-oil-extractor-2.shtml

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.