Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Hi joe.
Here is my set-up , 2006 tsx K24 bottom end STOCK RODS, TYPE S head (stock Valves) JE pistons 13.7:1 compr., ips K2 cams, Super-teck springs, PRC intake & 70mm throttle, R crew header, 3" exaust. 282whp @ 202trq in my 96EK.
I did over 85 passes reving it up to 8500rpm. no problems at all.
I know plenty of guys buying aftermarket parts and their engine parts are all over the track (specially rods & valves) stick to stock if you can.
my best run 11.80 @ 117mph 96 EK 2385lbs with driver (SS/AM classe)
Gary

· Registered
171 Posts
Thats some insane power! That's got to be at the crank though right?

Are you running pump gas with that 13.7:1 c/r? I was thinking 12.5:1 at most. I can get 94 octane but only at Sunoco stations. I'm not sure if I want to limit myself to one chain in case I'm on a road trip and can't find one.
No that is at the wheels. I'm using 112 octane , i made this decision before build-up, i drive it only to the track & weekends, its double the price of gas but well worth it if you add all the advantages, keeps engine cooler & specialy cleaner, just got to check youre KM the oil never gets dirty.

· Registered
171 Posts
Sorry if this sounds naive but doesn't 112 contain lead?

To get around running expensive race fuel one could install a water mist injection system.

I have a customer who installed a full time water mist injection system with a RPM window switch on his NA 07 Civic Si, runs 87 octane and gets better fuel economy and more power than when he ran premium alone. He says he only has to fill the reservoir every 4 or 5 days.
No lead in PRO-FUEL, they have no lead fuel untill 116 octane. I would bet a properly tuned car on 112 race fuel pollutes less than the 87 octane pump gas formulated to put more money in theire pockets. Have you ever taken apart a motor running on 87 or whatever 94 octane pump gas? erverything is cruded with cabon & youre oil is black within 1000 km, something is not burning right. On Racefuel the engine stayes perfectly clean, therefore polluting much less. But i'm sure water mist systeme would be better(never heard of it by the way).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.