Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I have a K24A in a Subaru BRZ that I use for NASA Time Trials.

We use an average whp system (https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.co...SA_ST-TT_Dyno_Certification_Form--3-14-22.pdf) and under that the car currently makes 202whp with an average of 196whp. It is a JDM K24A, K20A2 pump, 50* VTC, KPower header, 3" exhaust, KPower intake manifold, 3" long tube intake, and a 65mm BRZ DBW throttle body.

After shuffling things around a bit classing wise I now have the ability to make another 4whp and I also have the ability to turn the power down up top by closing the TB. I currently have a 74mm Bosch TB sitting here which matches the port size of the KPower intake manifold which I haven't put on yet, but I figure is worth maybe 2whp up top.

I have a rev limit set at 7800, but I shift around 7400-7500 unless I need to extend a gear for a specific corner. The car generally lives in the 5000-7500 area.

I am not looking for a set of cams that adds only adds power >7000, is there a set of cams that would give me more power across my rev range? I was looking at the DC DICs, DC 2.2, and Toda A3. I'm happy to hear any input, it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, it is a JDM K24A. The numbers are pretty consistent with other 86 swapped cars on the classing dyno, they usually fall between 200 and 205whp on 91 since we're eating a fair amount more in drivetrain loss over a FWD car. I do agree the 3-3.6k area looks weird, but I honestly never see it - the car is trailered to the track and extremely rarely street driven.

Ideally, I am looking to shift the curve up from 5k-7.5k and then I will chop the top flat via DBW to pull the average down. The car is competitive as-is, I'm just looking to squeeze a bit more.

I am guessing you're on cable and getting that .2 advantage too?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I was building my engine, I sent an email to Drag Cartel asking them their recommendations for a time attack/time trials engine -- albeit a turboed one. They suggested the DC2.2.
Can't hurt to ask them. They should know better than anyone else.
I'd planned to email them too. It seems the Toda cams are beloved on the forums so I was looking to see if there were any non-DC recommendations.

With current Yen to USD the Todas are on pretty steep discount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts