Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD
Hi
I had a block made for myself by importbuilders (now blueprintracing) and now its up for sale
never ran... need money so im selling the setup
its an incredible NA race block it would have been a beast

here it goes

K24a4 block hot tanked
M1-abrams sleeves bored to 89.5mm
Diamond bore/cork brush hone
decked
k24a4 crank, shaved 7lbs, micropolished, balanced
wiseco custom pistons 89.5mm 12cc+ 15:1cr race prepped, deeper valve pockets,gas ported
importbuilders pro I-beam ultra light rods, 3/8 arp bolts, teflon coated
acl race bearings (crank, rods, thrust)
new oem gaskets,seals,o-rings
blueprinted
cometic 89.5mm head gasket stock thickness
new k24 timing chain, tensioner, guides
oil pan

comes with everything that was with the k24 block if you need it
if you want to run it in the streets with a lower compression i can have the pistons milled for you to a lower dome or if you want to do it yourself be my guest...

http://www.blueprintracing.com/shopexd.asp?id=1363
thats the setup except mine has only coating on the rods not the complete rotating assembly

3500$ pretty good deal
SOLD
and PLEASE STOP ASKING ME ABOUT PARTING OUT THIS OR THAT
its the complete block or nothing...
thanks for your cooperation :D
also no trades :)

pics of the sleeves unbored just to show you how massive these things are

thats not my actual block but its exactly like this without the coating on the crank

these are my rods

and my pistons :)

these are pics of the assembled bloc just took them

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would be the point of that ?
its needed for the block why would i sell it appart for nothing?
you can get one very easily anywhere around

thanks for the interest :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
bump bump
nobody interested in that insane block?
bump for this! im doing a similar setup same sleeves also but 89mm bore and 12.5cr... :up:

·
Registered
107 Posts
how much actually do you need to mill down to lower the compression on those pistons?

·
Registered
107 Posts
because he offered to mill it down for someone who is going to buy the block that wanted a lower cr ratio thats why I was wondering how much did you actually need to mill down

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
exactly that is what i offered
the dome is 12cc and it gives 15.5:1
depending on how much you want i could mill it down 10cc's to get 12.5:1 or mill it 12cc's to get a 0cc piston that would yield 12.1:1 perfect for the street on both depending on wich one you want

and this affects in no way the strength of the piston i just remove the a part on the v shape dome that gets out of the piston in the middle
I dont do it myself ill pay a professional shop to do it then ill pay them to reprep them like they were :)

thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im located in quebec montreal but its no prob we can work something out as if i would be living in the states ;) doesnt cost more to ship to the US from canada than US
lmk

·
Registered
107 Posts
exactly that is what i offered
the dome is 12cc and it gives 15.5:1
depending on how much you want i could mill it down 10cc's to get 12.5:1 or mill it 12cc's to get a 0cc piston that would yield 12.1:1 perfect for the street on both depending on wich one you want

and this affects in no way the strength of the piston i just remove the a part on the v shape dome that gets out of the piston in the middle
I dont do it myself ill pay a professional shop to do it then ill pay them to reprep them like they were :)

thanks
about how many thousands of an inch do you take off with 10cc's?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it doesnt calculate in thousand of an inch it calculates in cc's i cant answer you in thousand on an inch
maximum i can remove is 10cc's to keep the piston solid it would have 2cc's and a cr of 12.6 i cant go lower by milling the piston
but i got a better option for you
keep the piston as is and use a thicker cometic headgasket thickness 0.080 instead of stock 0.025 and have 12.4:1 street it as much as you want and then later IF you want to run it at 15:1 compression you just have to use the cometic headgasket im giving you with it
;) how about that you keep the pistons safe you just switch gaskets
its the best way

1 - 20 of 68 Posts