Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Acura TSX 2004 with 24000 miles for 1300.00. problem is it is auto so Question is what parts off this car do need? Or would it be better to wait untill I find a car with the trans I want?

·
Registered
143 Posts
1st what are U building ? If you are just needing a motor 1,300.00 $ is a bit much. If your making the TSX faster then buy. Most use a k20 head and censors . K24 block. Look around and see what type build your doing. Next whats wrong with a 1,300$. TSX ???

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to make a mid engined track car need the manual trans. Just not sure that buying one with an auto is wise. I think trying to find all the manual change over will be tough. Maybe I am over thinking its not hard on old Chevys and Fords.
As for the 1300.00 TSX I can only hope its what the guy says it is. it is out of the car so other than seeing if it turns buy hand-Do you have any sugestions on how to check it out?.........Thanks jim

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
This was already mentioned in the other thread but other than the tranny itself, you just need to get the pilot bushing pressed into the crank and mount a flywheel and clutch made for a MT K20/K24 (be sure to use the MT bolts to secure the flywheel to the crank since they're different sizes/spec than the AT bolts).

What kind of chassis is it going into out of curiousity?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Home built chassie. Trying to follow Kurts Midlana build but he is just getting started he has done a lot of pre planning thay realy helps

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
price is not bad for a tsx motor. You can allways just junk the auto trany, or find someone that is looking for one and get a couple hundred dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts