Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Three months is too soon for us. We plan to have a working Accord with an install in the next two months. Actually having mounts for sale will take another three months at least.

brian g

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also interested in those mounts for a 5th gen Accord. Do you guys at Hasport have that Accord running yet? If not, estimated time to completion?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bump for 5th gen
i currently have a H22 accord and a friend of mine has the first K24 RSX in Canada and it hauls. now that ive seen the potential of that motor, id almost be tempted to get one myself for my ride.
i was just thinking about this swap not too long ago and couldnt find any info on it whatsoever. glad to see that there are some people working on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
:) Ya dude i have done a lot to my accord but i still have the stock engine in in F22a im just waiting for the mounts so i can drop a ka20 or a k24 in it i have also changed the rear suspension to preludes suspension it handles much betta.. plus my accord has 210000 miles on the original engine & tranny it hauls ass she got a 138 compression in all 4 pistons thats y i love hondas...

·
Registered
7 Posts
fijitec said:
:) Ya dude i have done a lot to my accord but i still have the stock engine in in F22a im just waiting for the mounts so i can drop a ka20 or a k24 in it i have also changed the rear suspension to preludes suspension it handles much betta.. plus my accord has 210000 miles on the original engine & tranny it hauls ass she got a 138 compression in all 4 pistons thats y i love hondas...
prelude suspension in back? nice. i need to find out more on this. (rear disc by any chance? because i was looking into a rear disc conversion....rear cross member from a EXR)

i cant wait to see a 5th gen accord with a K-series in it......new option for my next build :dance:

·
Registered
64 Posts
the 5th gen accord has a good chance of getting mounts made by someone IMHO...the 6th gen is the redheaded step child of accords.....

The F23 in the CG's aren't that bad, you can build them, and boost the ish outta them, they will hold up, but not a K24....

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOL @ them being ready in a couple of months...

Someone in Japan put a K20A into a CD7 (5th gen sedan) but there's been no word on commercially available mounts. Something floating around in the rumor mill suggests that the F22 and K24 use the same tranny mounts...anyways back to dreaming.

BTW- the F22 isn't that bad...do an 11:1 rebuild on an H22 crank, get cams for the SOHC head or swap on an H22 or H23 head and let it breathe and you can easily make 160-175ish whp. It hasn't been documented but I def. don't think it's impossible.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.