Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm looking to see if there is a formula that I can have 300WHP NA, reliable to last hopefully the entire season of 7 -8 races at anywhere between 9 to 24 hours running at 7200 - 7800 rpm the entire time. Lastly, need to be of course "cheap". I know cheap and big HP + reliable don't go well together as I will need to carry at least an extra motor with me for each races in case one blows up.

Any suggestions on a magic formula? Maybe this is a big order to ask for? Hit me up with some ideas as right now, I'm running a JDM K24A out of the honda odyssey absolute with RBB head, RBC manifold, Skunk2 Alpha headers and 72mm Ktuned throttle body. Everything else is stock as I'm looking for reliability. I dyno'd that setup at 230 whp and 190 tq which is decent but want more. No turbos or superchargers for the simplicity and reliability.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sounds like someone's building a Lemons car or a NASA enduro car.

You can do it, it's been done, will just have a more frequent service interval.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Throw in an optimistic dynamometer to make life easier.
At sea level the above setup should net 300whp pretty easily on e85. Some dyno are heartbreakers but 300 has been seen still using a stock tsx shortblock so all depends ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts