Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
which engine harness did you use? FN2 or FD1?
I'm guessing you are using the FN2 ECU? does it have any problems talking with the rest of the electrical system?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
freagin NICE!!! Damn and you work fast as hell or what?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
which engine harness did you use? FN2 or FD1?
I'm guessing you are using the FN2 ECU? does it have any problems talking with the rest of the electrical system?
FN2 engine harness, the ecu plugs all line up and plug in... there are some minor differences with the charging system so you need to change some wires around, otherwise you be blowing up fuses when you turn the key to start the car. Car will start but charging indicator light will show.

As for the rest of the system as stated before VSA and EPS will need to be disabled in the Flashpro. The Honda HDS will be needed to reprogram the immobilizer and match up the keys

You will need to Run the 4 wires on the Primary and Secondary Oxygen Sensors back to the main engine loom that runs back to ECU plugs.

I'll be switching over to Innovative 60A 8th Gen Civic street mounts, the FD2 upper torque/dog bone mount is a few inches short and cant be used. Appears the FD1 chassis mounting bracket has a different mounting position.

FD1 (R18) drive shafts will work with any K20a intermediate shaft

FN2 header is not going to fit so an aftermarket header or a factory FD2 header is ideal.

DC5 Power Steering Pump and DC5 accessories belt is needed. The R18 high pressure power steering line will need to be modified with a DC5 pump line fitting.

Power Steering return line needs to be extended and re-routed back to the overflow bottle

A/C Lines use a FD2 line for the core to pump (short line). From the firewall to the pump, the FD1 (R18) hose will need to be modified and extended with the K20Z fitting at the end to fit the pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the chassis brackets don't match up for the top mount, how are you driving your car around now? I have a similar project planned for my FD1 in India. Your thread is my bible. :D

Of course, I have to deal with an A/T car too. Any idea how hard that'll make the job?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If the chassis brackets don't match up for the top mount, how are you driving your car around now? I have a similar project planned for my FD1 in India. Your thread is my bible. :D

Of course, I have to deal with an A/T car too. Any idea how hard that'll make the job?
Get yourself the Innovative 60A mounts :up: you wont need the upper dog bone mount!

As for the AT, the electrics will be a challenge, if you get the helms manual it should provide you all the answers good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
is there a web site where I can find oem honda parts for the European market, I would appreciate your help. I want to get started on my swap soon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
is there a web site where I can find oem honda parts for the European market, I would appreciate your help. I want to get started on my swap soon
Your car would be left hand drive, we can refer you to dealers from the US as they are Left Hand Drive.

Your Local Honda dealer may not have a listing for some of the parts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll be switching over to Innovative 60A 8th Gen Civic street mounts, the FD2 upper torque/dog bone mount is a few inches short and cant be used. Appears the FD1 chassis mounting bracket has a different mounting position.

can you post pics of your engine bay having those mounts?

or anybody here tried installing those mounts I would like to see it installed. thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

Do you need to change the cross member complete unit.

We dont get fd2 or SI here, we only have fn2 and cl9 K24 accord.

Can i do a swop and keep r18a1 cross member and all?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts