Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am driving a 07fn2r with k20z4. Stock with 200hp, what are the tings to do to get 300hp? i am looking for pure N.A set up, no sc or tc. thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Slip a built K24 shortblock under that head, a set of decent cam's, header and TB along with Kpro.

·
Registered
431 Posts
here is what i got from my research so far

k24 block (sleeved and bored to 89 will make easier)
ips kme or k10 cams (w/ full valve train of course)
at least 11:5 comp 87.5 pistons (with the cams i mentioned, you might have to get custom pistons dependin on the comp and design of piston u pick...)
ported rbc with 72 mm tb, or the ips intake mani, or itb's
ported head to 350 cfm (or was it 315?)
head studs
modified k20z1 pump (or s2k)
good quality headers
krpo or aem

this seems to be getting people between 275 whp and 315 whp

and kinda my plan :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
real 300whp on dynojet SAE will be really hard with stock 86mm crank on a k20a block.. Now if you want to keep the k20a block and replace the crank, that is another story. But stock k20a block with honda pistons, forget about making 300whp. It is possible but only a few people can do something like that and it would be for race gas only with the hign end head not intended for street use.

·
Registered
253 Posts
real 300whp on dynojet SAE will be really hard with stock 86mm crank on a k20a block.. Now if you want to keep the k20a block and replace the crank, that is another story. But stock k20a block with honda pistons, forget about making 300whp. It is possible but only a few people can do something like that and it would be for race gas only with the hign end head not intended for street use.
agree, most of the ppl I have seen running k20's are around the 250ish range.

I haven't seen one that surpasses that as of yet.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
the hondata crx made almost 300 on a pack so 275 can be done

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've seen a couple graphs around of people using E85, built head, nice cams, and a stock bottom end and make over 260whp. I'll try and find them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts