Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill make it simple and sweet
this is one of the first tunes done by a dealer, tuned by me Daniel aka palmerblock @ Church Automotive Testing.... the cams were also installed by me:D

setup
k20z3 stock block
ips k2 8620 cams
dual valvesprings w/ti retainers w/new keepers
Authentic SSR 4-1 header
Skunk 2 70mm exhuast
P2R throttle body spacer
Engine Management Hondata Flash Pro
Fuel: 91 Octance
Output: 248hp, 175tq; projected dynojet numbers for the Church dynapack haters 228hp, 161tq

over view
3 graphs below, colors are as follows, NO SKI JUMPS
basically tuned from scratch using the Map sensor instead of the MAF sensor
both full throttle as well as part throttle for every rpm and all load ranges were tuned for driveability and gas mileage, no knocking/detonation allowed
lower dotted purple line = mods with reflash w/stock air box
upper dashed purple line = flash pro tuned w/stock air box
teal line = flash pro tuned w/injen cai

any questions...?, any anwers...?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
It appears that although the Flash Pro is a great option for the new SI owners and others with the DBW TB's, but how does the Flash Pro compare to the K-pro as far as tuning abilities?

·
Registered
950 Posts
where can i pick up flashpro for my girlfriends car?
i had thought the Flashpro vs Kpro has been discussed numerous times, the kpro hands down has more abilities, the flash pro is caught between the reflash and kpro imo.

Taken from Hondatas website:
How does it compare to KPro?

KPro is a completely different product. It was created for the 02-04 RSX style ECU. It will only work on that type of ECU with the exact same Oki processor. Honda has changed the architecture of the ECU, including ECU architecture, processor and encapsulation, so that there is no way the KPro can be made to work on any other ECU.

K-Pro requires the ECU be sent to a Hondata for the installation of the K-Pro daughterboard. By comparison, new FlashPro owners need never remove the ECU from their car.

Because FlashPro is a different product from KPro, it has different features. Not all features implemented in KPro are possible with FlashPro.

The Flash Pro will not have boost or nitrous control. However if you have an external boost controller the Race calibration will deliver the correct fuel and ignition for that boost level.

If you run nitrous, you will be able to run a calibration that is far safer and make more power than you would with a stock ECU.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Interesting

·
Registered
269 Posts
where can i pick up flashpro for my girlfriends car?
i had thought the Flashpro vs Kpro has been discussed numerous times, the kpro hands down has more abilities, the flash pro is caught between the reflash and kpro imo.

Taken from Hondatas website:
How does it compare to KPro?

KPro is a completely different product. It was created for the 02-04 RSX style ECU. It will only work on that type of ECU with the exact same Oki processor. Honda has changed the architecture of the ECU, including ECU architecture, processor and encapsulation, so that there is no way the KPro can be made to work on any other ECU.

K-Pro requires the ECU be sent to a Hondata for the installation of the K-Pro daughterboard. By comparison, new FlashPro owners need never remove the ECU from their car.

Because FlashPro is a different product from KPro, it has different features. Not all features implemented in KPro are possible with FlashPro.

The Flash Pro will not have boost or nitrous control. However if you have an external boost controller the Race calibration will deliver the correct fuel and ignition for that boost level.

If you run nitrous, you will be able to run a calibration that is far safer and make more power than you would with a stock ECU.
try hondatas website

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
not bad, but I would expect better top end out of the z3 engine. I just tuned a setup with blue print stage 2's, and similar supporting mods on a k20a2 and it made a little more power uptop over this setup, however, this one beats the torque by 5 lbs or so.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
nice numbers but I remember seeing a z1 motor (RSX-S chassis) make 250whp @ church with bolt-ons & stock z1 cams...I'll see if I can dig it up later today

edit it was Foomanchu http://www.k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=230760&postcount=63

the graph is no longer up but he did 250 whp on z1 cams & 260 with BP stg2's... from the others posts I guess one could assume Foomanchu had a freak motor

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Not sure, but i think the Si has the same "problem" as my FN2, Balancer shafts.

Remove those and you see +6/8hp...
very good point Mozz :up:

I have a k24a2 swap I think I might try and do a little test with & without the balancer shafts :up: but I do like having them in as the motor runs smooth & creates less vibration

1 - 17 of 17 Posts